Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Would you but a Foreign made gun?? >

Would you but a Foreign made gun??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Would you but a Foreign made gun??

Old 08-23-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Would you but a Foreign made gun??

Hi. I have adopted a stance on purchasing foreign made arms and I would like your opinion.
Basicly I don't want to but guns from Countries like Japan, China, England and a host of other countires/ WHY?. No it isn't because I am an American Firster (although I love my Country). It's just that I don't feel good about buying guns from countries who disallow gun ownership among thier citizenry. Japan makes it dififcult and very expensive for people to own rifles. This make gun ownership and elitist PRIVELIDGE in Japan. It just seems wrong to support a country's gun industry, when that country's Govt. doesn't protect the same gun rights for thier citizenry that we enjoy here.
I would like to have a Weatherby Vanguard or Browning A bolt but as long as Olin and Weatherby continue to make these guns in Japan, I won't buy from them.
PS> DID YOU KNOW THAT FRANCE HAS THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF CIVILIAN OWNERSHIP NEXT TO THE US? (over 30%of the population).
okcmco
Old 08-23-2005, 03:13 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Would you but a Foreign made gun??

I was right there with ya until I bought my first A-Bolt and Sako. I have now humbly changed my mind. Boy that hurt to say.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:14 PM

Actually, I have a few guns manufactured in Brazil & love them.

You have a valid point. I'm just glad I live in America and love the NRA for fighting against the gun grabbing politicians and far left media types.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

two SKB shotguns.....Japan
Browning citori..........Japan
winchester 101 skeet set.....Japan
franchi veloce...Italy
Winchester '92 .44 mag...Japan
several mauser rifles.....Germany/Belguim/Czek (actions)
Lyman .50 muzzleloader....Italy
.177 pellet gun........Germany
Sako L-461.........Finland
Two mini mausers.......Yugoslavia

The rest are american made...M-70, M722, Ruger SA, MRC 1999,

To say that one will not buy foreign made guns is good news .....but it's not in the cards for me

Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM

I have. I bought a Baikal MP-153 3.5'' mag. semi-auto shotgun, its a great shooting gun
Old 08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, I would. I'm considering (still) the Weatherby Vanguard Sporter in .243. Like the fact that it has a 24" barrel and a 1 in 10" twist rate.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:48 PM

I don't deny that foreign arms makers make wonderful arms. Look at Brownings A bolt and Auto Shotguns! Some of the best out there. I am not against foreign made arms from Scandanavia, Russia, France, etc because those countries and regions have fairly liberal gun ownership policies for thier people (at least for rifle and shotgun).
My stance is against supporting arms companies who manufacture guns in countries whose governments do not give thier citizens ANY gun rights (China and Japan Come to mind). And I was wondering what you people think about my political stance itself.
okcmco
Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

I agree withyour political stance. That's your choice and there is not a thing wrong with it.

Unfortunately, you will come to find out a lot of American companies are now out-sourcing to other countries to save money.

Today, seeing a product made in another country besides the USA, is becoming more common.[/align]
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM
DM

Please list all the American gun makers that make drillings so i can buy an american made one of the quality of my Krieghoff...

Drilling Man
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Would you but a Foreign made gun??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.