Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thumbholes

Old 08-22-2005, 08:59 AM
bigcountry

Default Thumbholes

A friend of mine is the most vain person I have ever met. He is so enthused with thumbhole stocks and anything flashy.

I myself won't have a thumbhole. I too many times have had to change and shoot left handed on a nice deer. I practice with both and always keep shots left handed at 50 yards or so. I would never take a long shot.

I know they look cool, but definately doesnt' fit my hunting style or need.

What do ya think?

Old 08-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thumbholes

Ditto, BC.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:10 AM

thumbholes are great for pleanking, but i hate them for hunting.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then I wouldn't own one if I didn't like them.....

If someone else likes them that's their business!!!!! I don't feel as though I was appointed as the guardian of style for the trade.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 AM

It's simply a matter of personal choice, like most things....but, I don't care for them (thumbhole stocks) myself - at least not for all 'round use. They are nice to use when benchrest-style shooting, but, IMO, not as handy for field use. I prefer the good old-fashioned semi-pistol grip stocks. I even prefer these to a full pistol grip. To each his own, though.....
Old 08-22-2005, 10:28 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

Then I wouldn't own one if I didn't like them.....

If someone else likes them that's their business!!!!! I don't feel as though I was appointed as the guardian of style for the trade.
vapordog, little slow around here, so I figured I would spark up a worthy conversation, sorry it doesn't meet your approval. But despite your comments others might like to talk about.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:38 PM
bigcountry

Vapor, maybe you could spark up some better topics just for discussion? Maybe contribute to the forum? Any ideas?

Old 08-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I myself won't have a thumbhole.
Fine....it's your perogative!

a friend of mine is the most vain person I have ever met
If inferring that because one likes thumboles in his stock makes one vain and not just a person of different taste and likes in firearms is a way to get things going...hey....do it your way.....I have more respect for the opinions of others.

Yea right.....and everybody on here does
inferring to solitary man on a post regarding accuracy of stainless steel barrels in his position that the writer that said that stainless barrels was less accurate "didn't know what he was talking about"

inferring that no one here knows anything.....except of course you who failed to post an opinion. Is this the way we "spark" things up???

Last I checked belittling others was not the way to "spark" things up.

However in all this I'll accept your challenge.....I'll attempt to post a few threads of interest.....

Old 08-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never owned a rifle with the thumbhole and find it would constrict somewhat for hunting but I would like to try one for shooting at the range. I handled the Remington XR-100 Rangemaster at our sporting good store and found it interesting to hold. I would like to give a try as for a target rifle
Old 08-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

AllI can add is every rifleI own doesn't get hunted with some are just for shootingI find a thumbhole stock is very stead off hand .I have even tried them on a trap gun . Personally there are a lot of gunsI don't care for , but wouldn't belittle a friend because he did .

Quick Reply: Thumbholes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.