Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New gun

Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New gun

Well, it was a tough decision but I decided to put the 338 ultra mag on hold for a little while longer figuring I already have more than enough guns to hunt anything I want and opted instead to get a Springfield XD sub compact two tone green and black in 40 S&W.

I bought it today and went to a pit to shoot. It comes with both a standard 9 round magazine and an extended 12 round magazine. I fired a hundred rounds this evening and I got to say for a 3 inch gun this thing shoots fantastic. Offhand at 20 yards a 4" 12 shot group was fairly easy. I got a lot more shooting to do but so far I am very impressed.

I have never been a huge handgun guy so any of you that regularly carry got any reccomendations concerning concealed carry holsters for the XD?

Old 07-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New gun

I use a self modified uncle mikes side kick holster, the modification was I cut the strap off and added a clip draw to the gun the clip draw holds the gun firmly in the holster and now theres no strap to slow me down when drawing my weapon.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 AM

Default RE: New gun

Quick-draw McHDW, don't ya know......