Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CZ Model 3

Old 07-10-2005, 07:33 AM

Default CZ Model 3

Got my hands on a CZ model 3 at Gander Mnt. last night. Good looking and seems only to be lacking a good recoil pad. Anybody have any experience with these. I'm thinking of the 270wsm.
Thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Default RE: CZ Model 3

I have a Model 550 CZ in 30-06,topped off with a VXIII,3.5X10.5X40.
The gun shoots 3/4 in. groups @ 100 yds.The gun is very nicely made,mauser type bolt,and the best trigger I've ever seen in a factory gun.
The only complaint would be their customer service,of which,they need alot of improvement...Bob
Old 07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Came close to buying the same exact gun..some turnoffs on it are the weight and the casting marks on the reciever. Barrel is anice contour and the wood has good inletting. Its a MOntana rifleman action and pretty well finished. My dealer has one on closeout. The turnoff was a Kimber 8400m sitting next to it..that pretty much jinxed the CZ.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:04 PM

I can't speak for the model 3, but my model 550 Laminate is very well made. Strong bolt, very accuate and the adjustable single-set trigger is awesome.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanted the CZ modle 3 but no one could order me one cause some BS that they were made by BRUNO and that they hadn't passed imports.

I settled for a Weatherby Super Sporter SS/Wood in 270 WSM.

The CZ 3 has the makes and feel of the Kimmber at less than the price 650.00 compared to 1000.00 on the Kimmber.
If you have a chance at getting one do so you will not be disapointed.

As for the 270 WSM it is a great round soon to be the stand out deer/plains rifle.
BBJ
Old 07-19-2005, 03:17 PM

ALthough I ended up not buying the CZ3, I did resaerch it well. It is a CZ product that is made in the states as opposed to my other CZ products which are made in the Czech Republic. I believe it is the onlyCZ bolt rifle designed around the new short mags. But I have read some lukewarm reviews on this gun. I was not impressed with the groups that the reviewers got with it, And keep in mind, I am not one of those guys who think a rifle needs to shoot .40" groups to be a good hunting rifle. I think a 1" gun is a keeper. Most of the bad reviews stemmed from the fact that a rifle in that price range should be better fitted and finished. I do know that the European CZ firearms are top drawer (I own 3) and styling, fit, funtion, finish, wood, and accuracy is great. My pride and joy is a CZ427LUX with the European style stock in .22LR. It is handy, elegant, beautiful, stupidly accurate, and was only about $275.00 4 years ago. It outshoots literally ALL OF THE OTHER .22's of my hunting buddies. I think the cool thing about this company is that you can have a European madeMauser style bolt gun that is elegant and funtioanl and has alot of the same mystique of high quality European guns of days gone by....but for about the price you would buy aRem 700 for (or maybea little more).
On the other hand, your piece may shoot like the dickens and may be better finished than the ones I saw as I was lookingat the very first ones to hit OKLAHOMA.
However, do yourself a favor and check out the 550 series from CZ
okcmco
Of course if you disagree, just tell me to shutup. Sometimes I am a little to forthright
Old 04-23-2006, 09:35 PM

When considering a new cartridge that I want, CZ is the FIRST company I look at to see if they have a rifle chambered for it.
I think they are outstanding and the European LUX (hogback) stocks fit me great.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are discontinued by CZ right now but the last few I have seen for sale have been real nice. They have a very good piece of wood on them as well and they have the full CZ warranty. You can probably get one in the 500 dollar range and you can count on one finger how many rifles have 20lpi checkering and finished like it is for the price.