Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Trigger Job

Old 06-27-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Trigger Job

How much would it cost to have a trigger job done on Savage without the accutrigger? I want a savage and like the accutrigger, but one is available for a good deal, and was wondering if it was worth it to buy it and just have trigger work done. Savage 110 by the way
Old 06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trigger Job

You can't really do a satisfactory trigger job on a Savage. The trigger parts are heat treated so they are hard and slick, but if you try to stone them you cut through the treated metal and ruin the part. Only thing to do is replace the trigger with an aftermarket, but I am not sure how much that is anymore.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-27-2005, 05:03 PM

man that sucks....i know that the pre accutriggers leave a lot to be desired
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I replacedthe trigger on my Savage 210 with an aftermarket Timney. It cost 55$. The only work it required was minimal grinding on the bottom finger portion of the trigger. Once the length was right it was a snap. The trigger is light and very crisp.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the long run,this would be your best bet for a Savage...
http://www.timneytriggers.com/bin/store.cgi?cmd=showframes&sessionID=1119973118T T3719
Old 06-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

A Savage trigger isn't all that hard to work on.It's actually pretty easy. I just had one come in today for a trigger job and it now breaks at a smooth and crisp 2.25 pounds.

If the person working on the trigger is able to stone through the hardeness of the parts then they really shouldn't be doing trigger jobs. All that is needed is a very light stoning to even out the imperfections that cause the gritty feel with a fine ceramic rod then followed up with a buffing wheel and polishing compound at very high speeds. So little material is removed that you shouldn't come close to breaking through the hardness of the parts.

Heck you don't even need to take the trigger all the way apart to do it.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:47 PM

I have to concur with Bigbulls - stoning through the case hardening of a trigger/sear or hammer hook is the best way to set yourself up for a "trigger job" that won't last. This is fairly technical stuff - best left to gunsmiths.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:45 AM

So basically it shouldn't be that big of a deal to get a crisper, softer pull on a savage trigger? That might be the route I go then, buying a much cheaper, non accutrigger model.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The question becomes..how much is a trigger job going to cost you..vs ..buying a new Timney?

Quick Reply: Trigger Job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.