Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 i put my 22mag to the test >

i put my 22mag to the test

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

i put my 22mag to the test

Old 06-06-2005, 10:50 AM

Default i put my 22mag to the test

this weekend we had a great time in Columbia Lousiana. I meet some really good people and hard a great time hunting hogs and plinkin away at turtles and snakes. I had my trusty Marlin 22magnum with about 50rounds. I was making shots at 100+yards and even across the lakes/ponds my shots couldnt miss. I pounded 46 outta 50rounds dead on target. i think the 4 i misses were due to the trigger pull or the dirty barrel. I busted a bird (not sure what kind) sittin on a branch across a 150yard pond about 40feet up with no problem. They were betting on my shots after the first 20rounds or so of me plinking sh!&. Turtles up to 100 yards on the water. Im not just saying all this to brag.... ok yea i am. I do however have a ??? for yall. Do you think the .17hmr could handle the pressure and accuarcy i NEED from my 22 rifles??
Old 06-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: i put my 22mag to the test

good shooting. i do bieleve that the 17hmr is up to the task it is naturaly accurate caliber and in the marlin or savage it is very capable 150 yard gun. Ive takin a gopher out at 155 yards and Ive pounded a large Gopher town from 105 yards fora day. I havnt tried grouping at 100 yards but at 50yards i can put 5 shots on a dime using bipods. these arnt great groups compaired to some people but i dont punch paper much. the center dime i shot 3 times then it fell off the stand.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

From everything I see and read the .17 HMR should out perform your .22 mag. Gopher Slayer, what scope do you have mounted on that Marlin?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: SHoNUFF
this weekend we had a great time in Columbia Lousiana. I meet some really good people and hard a great time hunting hogs and plinkin away at turtles and snakes.
I had my trusty Marlin 22magnum with about 50rounds. I was making shots at 100+yards and even across the lakes/ponds my shots couldnt miss. i think the 4 i misses were due to the trigger pull or the dirty barrel. I busted a bird (not sure what kind) sittin on a branch across a 150yard pond about 40feet up with no problem. ..... Turtles up to 100 yards on the water. Im not just saying all this to brag.... ok yea i am.
Thanks a lot! [:@] Shooters/hunters have enough problems with all the anti stuff, and you got to go bustin turtles, and UNIDENTIFIED stuff (birds). Oh yeah, not to mention
unsafe shooting practices - like shooting across lakes/ponds, and birds sitting on a branch. Ever heard of ricochets? How about proper backstops? Know your target, AND
what's beyond it. Top it all off, you want to brag about it.
You remind me of a line from a favorite movie: "Texans, lowest form of white man there is!" (Robert Duvall in "Geronimo")

ps: Think maybe I'll send this infor. to the LA. state G&F folks. How the heck did you ever pass a firearms safety course! Ethics need a little help too!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:42 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Virginia7.

SHoNUFF- You deserve to lose your hunting privileges. You need to grow up.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

+3

I just cant kill things for no reason.
I use to shoot all kinds of birds when I was very young with my pelletgun, But nowdays I cant even kill a grackle (blackbird) .
Old 06-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Same here. If its not a harmful varmit or something I am going to take home and eat, I am not going to shoot it. Gophers and prairie dogs and such are harmful to the grass and dig up pasture land but thats a different story. Its danderous to shoot at the surface of the water as well.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Firearms should never be placed into the hands of someone this careless of what they shoot or where there rounds are heading. unbelievable !!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Gopher Slayer, what scope do you have mounted on that Marlin?
its a simmons prohunter 4-12x40 great scope for the $$$
Old 06-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You do realize shooting turtles in Louisiana is not legal, don't you? Not to mention that unidentified bird was probably protected. Most birds are.

Quick Reply: i put my 22mag to the test

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.