Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 First bass tournament >

First bass tournament

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

First bass tournament

Old 04-18-2005, 10:01 PM

Default First bass tournament

Hey guys, it's me trailblazer, just got a new name.

Well this past weekend I participated in my first ever bass tournament. It was on a small lake in SE SD. Lake Yankton. There were 25 teams entered, so it was a pretty good turn out. My buddy and I fished had on saturday for pre-fishing and had a good idea of where to fish. (my buddy used to live here also and has fished this lake a lot) The morning of the tourney rolled around and we found ourselves fishing in fog for about the first half hour or so. about 5 minutes into the tournament i saw a guy catch the first fish, it ended up being the big bass of the tournament, but was the only keeper fish that team caught. It weigh in at 3.92 lbs. right after that I pulled in my first fish, only 12 inches, shy of the 15 inch rule. I didn't care though, It was looking to be a good day. We had a 6 fish limit per team, and my buddy and I were only able to boat 4 keepers. We weighed in with 7.61 lbs and were about the middle of the pack. The winner had 14.04 lbs and a full limit of fish. We lost atleast 3 that were keepers, so we were a little bummed about that. 2 lbs per fish, if we would've had two of those that got off that probably would have put us in the money. They paid out up to 5th place. We were a little disappointed, but we had a heck of a time and we had wonderful weather. I got the ol fisherman's sunglasses burn and everyone back at college has been asking if i fell asleep outside this past weekend.

i know for sure that i'm hooked to tournament fishing, and will be doing it many more weekends throughout the summer. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First bass tournament

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Did a good job too.
Chuck
Old 04-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First bass tournament

sound like a good day on the water, cept the fooooggggggg[:@]