Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Rods & Reels

Old 01-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Default Rods & Reels

So what is your faveroite fishing Rods ?
And Reels ?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:10 AM

Default RE: Rods & Reels

For steelhead,I use a St. Croix wild river 10 1/2 ft pole with a Penn 4300ss reel and 4-6 lb test line.I drift fish with this setup.For casting I use a 6 ft Penn Spincaster ss160 rod and Penn 4300ss reel with 6 lb test line.Got that whole stetup for 45 or 50 bucks and they had the reels in the case for 64$ so I got quite a deal on it.For just messing around in ponds for bass and stocker trout,I use a 3 1/2 ft quantum micro with a Shakespear Synergy 200 reel and 4 lb test line.It is great fun to use and quite challenging.I love opening day of trout and hope I will be able to get out this year.A decent bass is very hard to get in and the 15 inch stockers are like fighting a big fish.It is easier to get into the streams with this setup too.For heavy northern pike fishing I have an Olympic 7070 FG 7 ft spinning rod and use a Penn 4500ss reel with 12 -20 lb test line.I have several other cheap rod and reel sets but these I use the most.I also have several Shakespear cheap rod and reel sets for the kids to go to the creek or pond fishing.For 20-30 bucks,they are a good deal and the kids have a blast.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Abu Garcia Ambasseduer w/ BPS Extreme XPS 6' 6" medium action rod.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ummm....

Not counting the reel I just bought which is an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur D5 cause I still need a new rod...any suggestions?

Three Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs, two 5500 C3's and a 5600. Ones one a Cheap ol Black Beauty and ones is on a really old Diawa Comp rod but I broke it so I need to get another for it to. The 5600 is on a Shimano rod. I usally have each one rigged different but ready to use. One top water stick bait, one for a spinner bait and one crank bait. I also have handy Two Shimano Combo Spinning reels rigged for plastic worms. bait casters on the right spinners on the left

Had an Ambassadeur Mag One, but my dad lost it last year, it either flew out the boat on the water or on the road.[:@] It was my favorite reel.

For bream and crappie fishing I use two Ultra lites Combos by Shimano. With eight pound green Spider Wire. I use them one with a beetle spin set up with a Riverside Mystic vibra tail minnow that looks like a blu back. and a Yo-Zuri minnow on the other one.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure what hte models are but for ice fishing i use a St.croix med/light and a st croix reel. for salmon and some pike shamon rod abu garcia reel.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:11 PM

G-Loomis and Rogue rods and any Shimano reel from the Stratic series to the Stella-But I am really starting to like the Shimano rods also.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:08 PM

i was wondering if you guys could help me. i'm looking for a nice bait casting outfit for 180 or under. i was looking at a cabealas prodigy/txs combo for 150 any suggestions would be great. thanks for the help. i was also looking at a quantum accurist pt but that is 120 alone so i don't know what rod i could get for 60 dollars.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bass Pro has my favorite, the BPS Extreme XPS rods on sale for $60. That leaves you plenty to put a good reel with it.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:09 PM

thanks for the help but the nearest bass pro is like 5 hours away but i go there in august so i will look on their website. thanks and any help is great.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Shimano Curado reels and All Star rods.

Quick Reply: Rods & Reels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.