Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Ammbasseduer D5 anyone? >

Ammbasseduer D5 anyone?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ammbasseduer D5 anyone?

Old 01-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ammbasseduer D5 anyone?

I just put a new D5 on lay-away. Ive been wanting one for a while, and in preperation of my income tax return I get any, I put one on lay away.

Anybody have one and whats your experiense with baitcasters?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ammbasseduer D5 anyone?

I love bait casters. I bought a abu garcia 5600 C4 last summer couldn't be happier. Very smooth, plus theres a small bonous it came in my favorite color............
Old 01-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am an Ammbasseduer man. I think they are the best quality reels you can get, especially for the price. I have the C5 and two others (don't remember the model). I started off with a different brand baitcaster and hated it. Then I got the C5 and decided I would never own anything that didn't say Abu Garcia. It would cast further without near as many crow's nest. It was my second baitcasting reel, but really the first one I ever used much. Combined with a good rod, like a Bass Pro Extreme XPS trigger rod, and you will have a fish catching machine.

By the way, if you haven't used a baitcasting reel before, they take some practice to get used to. But after you get used to them, you'll love them.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

after putting the reel on lay away, I went back a week later and it was marked down from $89.00 to $69.00! So I bought another one and took the one off lay away. The extra twenty bucks I saved will go torge a good rod to go with it
Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Texan,

I have been using my dads Abu Garcia baitcasters for years. I still have two old ones down in my shop that probly are as old as I am, which is 32.

But my favorite was an Ambassadeur Mag One. It was a black semi-low profile reel. He lost it last year either going down the road or on the water. I loved that reel. I almost never back lashed that thing. It had the thumb bar not the push button tab on the side of the body.

This is my first realbaitcaster reel Ive ever bought and the D5 is awesome, silky smooth and the magnetic brake works like a dream. Cant wait to get it on the water. Was going to go today but the 25 degree weather and 20 mile an hour winds put that out of the question. Im not that much of a fishing nut yet[8D]
Old 01-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cant wait to get it on the water. Was going to go today but the 25 degree weather and 20 mile an hour winds put that out of the question. Im not that much of a fishing nut yet
I am.