Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What vexilar should I buy? >

What vexilar should I buy?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What vexilar should I buy?

Old 12-30-2004, 11:42 AM

Default What vexilar should I buy?

I used to have a zercom but I plan to buy and new vexilar ice fishing flasher but I don't know weather to buy the Fl 8 in the Genz pack, pro pack or economy pac, or maybe I should spend a little extra and go for the FL 18. I mainly fish crappie, some walleye and trout thru the ice I am not a pro or tournament angler just a weekend warrior. Anybody have any suggestions or experiences with these units that may help me with me decision.[&:]

Thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What vexilar should I buy?

If your fishing mainly 10-15 feet or less then go with the FL8 if you're going to be fishing anything over 15 foot I would go with the FL18 just because it has the auto zoom feature becasue that feature automaticaly zooms in on teh bottow 6 feet of the water colum giving you a much better picture of what's down there. Also the FL-18 is more sensitive since each flash represents 1/2 of an inch and on the FL 8 each flash represents 1 inch. I was going to go with the FL 8 but I figured for about 80-100 bucks more I could get the FL 18 so I went with that one. So yeah I wold suggest the 18 but beware once you fish with one you'll never want to fish without it ever again.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the tips jlb! Your right they are very addicting and it just not the same fishing without them!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The FL-8 is what i use i fish about every day in the winter through the ice. From sunfish to Lake Trout ive used almost every locator built and i wont trade any of them for my FL-8. It never looses signal in a house with 3-7 other locaters on unlike other brands and models. Its up to you but personally i wouldnt consider anything but the simple reliable FL-8
Old 01-04-2005, 04:22 PM

Spend the money on the fl18 instead of getting an fl8. I fished deep water with a guy that has an 18 this weekend and that zoom feature really put my fl8 to shame.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:41 AM

i would get the most expensive one u are will to spend the money for. maybe not the one with a lot of useless stuff but the more somethng costs ussually meens the better it is. but that is only if u are really rich . i cant even afford one i am hoping to get a gas auger pretty soon