Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Trout Stocking in PA

Old 06-05-2004, 09:09 PM

Default Trout Stocking in PA

Hey I am new to this forum and fairly new to fishing in general. I have fished for a few years now, but this is the first year I have really gotten serious about it.

My question though is how often and until when will the in-season trout stockings take place. On the PA fish and game website the last one in my area was 5/1 will they stock again or is that it?

Also are DE River stripers still at it or have they moved on? In this area i mean...bucks county / philly area.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trout Stocking in PA

they list the stocking weeks on the site.....if thats all they have thats all they do......most waters dont get stocked after may......but theres still fish....pressure is usually low so theres alot left........one thing though if its not a cold running creek it may be very low.....thats why im dang near done trout fishing around here atleast....the few creeks they stock in beaver county are pretty much sewer creeks....and almost dry up in the summer....and are very bad now.....most fish probabbly died in them already........i dont know how they are over where your from......in the mountains where the creeks run cold they are usually fine all year.....
Old 06-06-2004, 06:45 PM

I was looking at this site and I was under the impression that they list them as they are announced, as in like as it gets close to the date, they announce it and post it on the that list.

What you are saying is that all the dates were listed at once and that they have all passed?

Also it seems like on this site too that the dates were announced while the season was already started and not way before hand or anything, which leads me to hope maybe they will announce more...of course i am a n00b, so if your speakin from experience you are prob right
Old 06-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep you got the right sites.....the one is for just telling you where they are stocking and the "week of" the announced is telling you the exzact day of the stocking s you can go help and so you know the exzact day and time.......thats all the stockings for the year done by the game commision..........good luck