Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Canoe question...

Old 03-14-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Canoe question...

Okay, there is a rich guy at work (my boss's son) who has a beautiful cedar strip canoe. It had been in storage for around 6 years and last fall, for some reason, he decided to leave it sit outside. Yesterday, in a pretty big windstorm, the canoe was picked up and flung across the airfield. So, on top of sitting outside and being buried underneath snow and ice, it now has some bad scratches and possibly some cracks. It actually pains me to see a lovely work of art like that canoe being abused like that. There is a good possibility that they will just decide to give the canoe to me... since it hasn't been used in years and may now be damaged. My question is this: How does one go about repairing cracks and scratches in a cedar-strip canoe? The scratches are somewhat deep but I'm unsure as to whether there are cracks... I'll find out if there are cracks if I get it. You can email me at: [email protected] since I don't get on the boards very much any more.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:39 AM

Default RE: Canoe question...

You might be able to contact this guy for help. He's written a book on strip canoe construction.

http://gilgilpatrick.com