Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Anyone ever fish DisneyWorld???? >

Anyone ever fish DisneyWorld????

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Anyone ever fish DisneyWorld????

Old 02-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Spike

Default Anyone ever fish DisneyWorld????

Hi, going down in early march for a week, and would like to do some fishing while there, understand they have areas open to bass fishing on a catch release program. Only thing I don't know what to expect, what lures to use, can't bring but only a few lures , what should I bring. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Anyone ever fish DisneyWorld????

I did that trip a few years ago, here is what I know. I fished some by myself in the canel along the Port Orleans resort with worms and spinner baits, NOTHING! We went out with one of the disney guides for a half day trip. He took us by pontoon boat down a bunch of canals to a lake that is closed to fishing unless guided. My 9 yr old son and I caught a number of bass in the 5lb + range and had alot of fun. We fished live shiners. That is a fun little morning if you can do that and a nice break from the crazy-ness of the parks.

Hope you have a good time.
Mike
Old 02-25-2004, 11:08 AM

Yea..I see Cabelas makes a Popeye lure now.Its on page 49 of the new Cabelas spring 2004 catalog.
Call them up and ask when the Mickey Mouse lure is going into production.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:55 PM

what about the simpons lures? dont ya think marge or bart would attract some nice bass?
Old 02-25-2004, 11:06 PM

what about the simpons lures? dont ya think marge or bart would attract some nice bass?

Naaaaa.......They`re only good for crappies or bluegill.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Spike

Mikeforelk , thanks for the info, the wife mentioned they had guided trips, was it just the guide and your family, or a group of people[party boat style fishing]. Also the areas you can fish from shore are they weed choked, is the water clear or stained. thanks for the info,will be nice to get away from all this snow. The wife tells me port orleans is were we're staying, probably gonna book with a deal like you did, thanks again!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:19 AM

Our fishing day was just the 2 of us and the guide, it was fun.
He picked us up right at the dock of the Port Orleans (Port Orleans is on a canel). No weeds to speak of around the hotel, Disney keeps everything very clean. In fact I didnt see a bug the whole week I was there. Once you get away from the hotel stretch by boat there is alot more weed cover and hence more fish.

That hotel is very nice, my kids loved the pool. Also the resturant at the hotel is pretty good.

I hope you have a great time.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Spike

Mikeforelk ,, Thanks mike, I called today about that trip, but they don't go out of port orleans anymore so we have to go over to wilderness lodge to get on the boat, gonna do the 10 am trip, wife doesn't think we can make it for the early one, sounds like they supply everything. really appreciate the response, I posted on a couple of sites, but your info was the most helpful.