Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

sunglasses

Old 02-09-2002, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default sunglasses

do the more expensive ones really work that much better??? i have a pair of cheap polarized fishing glasses and they help quite a bit.. id be willing to spend a little xtra if they help out alot more... if we go back to bull shoals i'll definently look into a new pair of glasses for fishing

_ _ _ _ _
ROMANS 16:19 SAYS! BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT IS GOOD BE INNOCENT OF EVIL CAUSE THE GOD OF PEACE WILL SOON CRUSH SATEN UNDERNEATH YOUR FEET YEAH!
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 02-10-2002, 10:01 PM

Default RE: sunglasses

I just use cheap polarized sunglasses, you can see under water alot better. I see these sunglasses in catalogs for over $100 and I cant believe it.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

Don't waste your money on an expensive pair the cheap ones work just as well if not better and you won't get mad if you lose them in the water.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!
Old 02-11-2002, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

i heard the more expensive ones were polarized more like 99% where as the cheapies aren't

_ _ _ _ _
ROMANS 16:19 SAYS! BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT IS GOOD BE INNOCENT OF EVIL CAUSE THE GOD OF PEACE WILL SOON CRUSH SATEN UNDERNEATH YOUR FEET YEAH!
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 02-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can spend as much as you want on a good pair of polarized sun glasses. Sure the less expensive ones work pretty well, but to me, the bottom line is:...You get what you pay for!!
Old 02-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I JUST USE AND OLD PAIR OF CHEAPOS THATI BOUGHT FOR 10 BUCKS, WORKED FINE FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS
Old 02-11-2002, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

As a fishing guide I can tell you without a doubt that the Optically correct glasses are much better on your eyes......the quality isn't so much in the ability to see into the water.
The quality is in the comfort on your eyes,and brain, and their ability to stay that way(scratch resistant).......some of those cheap ones will have you cross eyed in no time flat.....I'm not going to trust my vision to a $8.00 pair of glasses anytime soon.
I took a cheap pair to my eye doctor once to see what he thought......he said "Yeah they're great!.....do they come with Excedrin?"
For the casual angler you might not notice a difference, but for the person on the water 10-12 hours a day in all lighting conditions....you'd BETTER have a good pair.

And make sure you are using the right tint for the type of fishing you are doing, or you aren't getting the full advantage.

I use "Action Optics" glass lenses in a Brown tint for river/stream trout fishing.
They're expensive but worth it to me.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I HAVE A COUPLE FEW DIFFERENT PAIRS OF DIFFERENT SHADES THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU SWITCH FOR CHANGING LIGHT CONDITION. THEY ARE FAIRLY CHEAP ONES
(< $20 ) BUT I CAN SEE THAT GOOD QUALITY LENSES WOULD BE BETTER OVER A FULL DAY OF USE. JUST LIKE USING GOOD QUALITY BINOCS CAUSE LESS EYE FATIGUE.

Quick Reply: sunglasses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.