Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Update on making your own fishing lures... >

Update on making your own fishing lures...

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Update on making your own fishing lures...

Old 07-22-2020, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Update on making your own fishing lures...

Regarding my post awhile back (a few threads down or so...), I bought that kit off Amazon and started making my own lures. Well, it worked well, but was only limited to what they sold (minimal stuff).

I remembered Jann's Netcraft from back when I was a teenager in the 70's and hanging out with other fishing buddies, making lures (even back then) and one of the young guy's dad had a catalog from Jann's Netcraft. Wow... flashbacks...

Fast forward all these decades and I looked them up on the internet and ordered a catalog from them. They are exactly the same company as they were way back when. They have *everything* imaginable that you could ever need to make crankbaits, spinners, plastic worms, and yes, they have a whole section for fly fishing and tying your own flies!!!
Attached Thumbnails Update on making your own fishing lures...-111578775_10158670310722072_7901995309352876216_o.jpg  
Old 08-13-2020, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Update again:

I've been having a blast making my own inline spinners and crankbait lures from Jann's Netcraft. Lots of fun and creative ideas...

Old 08-15-2020, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check this out... I just made the EXACT DUPLICATE of the famous Mepps Aglia spinner lure!!

Left: My brand new "Clone" from Jann's Netcraft, size #2.
Right: A vintage 1975/1976 Mepps Aglia #1 spinner from my teenage years, that has so many memories, I'm afraid of losing it in a snag!