Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
2017 Picture Post Thread. >

2017 Picture Post Thread.

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

2017 Picture Post Thread.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default 2017 Picture Post Thread.

Post you fish pictures, and what bait you used, and how you caught it.
And where you fished , like river, lake, pond etc, and where you are located.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've spent the spring fishing for stocked rainbows here in TX. Did pretty good on them.

All were caught on either a silver kastmaster

Or Pautzke Fire Balls

Getting ready to begin hitting the lakes for crappie, sunfish and catfish.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I spent a few hrs in my float tube on Lake Athens today. Caught between 20-30 of these:

They hit worms being worked slowly along the bottom in about 6 ft of water. All were released since the spawn hasn't happened yet.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kastmasters have always been pretty good on trout here as well. However I find that the Superdupers work very well too...
Old 04-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I spent a few hrs in my float tube on Lake Athens today. Caught between 20-30 of these:

They hit worms being worked slowly along the bottom in about 6 ft of water. All were released since the spawn hasn't happened yet.
I target those all year and open water have great luck using a 1/32 oz gotcha chartreuse jig tipped with a small piece of worm. In spring when they are in the shallows I hang the jig 2 to 3 feet under a bobber and then when they go deeper it is fished direct on 4 pound test. Most days I can fill a cooler with them since there are no limits on Champlain and they are all over the place. Great little pan fish.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags

Just an FYI those are identifiable fish

"these" as you referred to them as are called blue gill
Old 04-24-2017, 02:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I think that is obvious since it is one of the most common fish all over the USA.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I think that is obvious since it is one of the most common fish all over the USA.
Yep, I figured it would be obvious what they are. I really didn't expect the photo to be a mystery or identification problem for anyone but I guess by your comment that a certain "someone" is getting goofy again. Me thinks that guy has some sort of "issue." Perhaps he doesn't realize I have him on the ignore list? I don't have time for petty cheap shots so he is wasting his time and should just go sit in the corner while grown-ups are discussing matters.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a couple hour break in the torrential thunderstorms before the shut the whole lake down this weekend. Caught about 30 crappie, a few gills and this guy between storms
Old 05-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Spoonbill (paddlefish) taken in Oklahoma river systems. Took second place in a tourney we had going. Caught this one as time expired. The winning fish was caught 10 min before this one and weighed 72 lbs. Mine weighed 65
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Picture Post Thread.-2017spoon.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.