Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Had another contest with my son.... >

Had another contest with my son....

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Had another contest with my son....

Old 07-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Had another contest with my son....

Well, i had another 10.00 derby with my son...earlier in the week i boated a 4 ...3 fives and a 6 pounder Then out of no where the fish shut down....Today i boated 8 bass. The bass have to be 14 inches to count snd it's the weight of your best 2 bass...Seven of my eight were dinks and too small to count....My counter was 1 5/8 pound...Matt boated 5 ...four were too small. His best was 1 5/8 pound..lol so we tied....I was worried the braid was to visable to the lock jaw fish so i loaded my new Skeet Reese worm rod with 10 pound P Line Flouro Carbon....that worked very nice....

I lost my first 2 because i took a little off the hook set knowing it wasn't braid ,YOU can't do that...take nothing off and when i acted like the flouro Carbon was braid,,,i started catching fish(-;
Old 07-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...229-image.html

Well...Matt broke the tie today with this nice 4 pounder....i struck out..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool, what did he catch it on?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Dominant Buck

What was freaky was this was a small pit that must have recently been sprayed fpr thick vegetation....i found no fish on the depth finder....i used to fish it a few years ago and it was ok....now..it's horrible...

Matt was drifting 2 worm rods and throwing a deep diving crankbait....i was throwing a Rooster Tail and pitching a worm..

In one hour i iwas ready to leave...there simply was no fish.....somehow ,while talking he saw his drifting rod move..he set the hook on a 14 1/4 inch bass just over a pound...ut oh..i'm losing the tournament....He said he saw a big fish on his depth finder over on a drop off..i sped over tyere and bumped a worm...tap tap....i reared back and set the hook on a big fish...Matt was worried as he saw me battle the lunker...Then..i was disappointed..the lunker turned out to be about a 6 pound bowfin. I reached down with the needle nosed pliers and let Mr. Teethy go.

Matt caught 2 more tiny bass...We were only fishing to 9:30 At 9;00 Matt's drifting rod starts sliding along the rail of the boat...He was drifting a Texas rigged black trick worm. He boated the 4 pound bass seen in the picture...Game Over...i caught one 11 incher and quit 15 minutes early..

We drove over to my house for a large coffee ...Hey...i like getting beat by mt son..i taught him well...lol

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-07-2013 at 12:00 AM.