Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
And yet, another wild fish story. >

And yet, another wild fish story.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

And yet, another wild fish story.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default And yet, another wild fish story.

Wrong side of the moon today..and my wife has been unusually cranky.so i decided to go....fishing.(-;

The bite was slow so i decided to drift over that place where i was snapped off a few days ago. I tossed out 2 worm rods and cranked. I 've fished like this ever since i've owned a boat. After about 5 long cast with my DD 14 Bill Norman crankbait i hear a loud BANG! I looked back at my rods...but there was only one rod. Quickly i looked in the water..and there sinking quickly is my Fenwick Triggerstick rod with a Quantum baitcaster sinking..i tried hard to save it..but it was gone.

I"ll Be Back ...this means war!!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Wrong side of the moon today..and my wife has been unusually cranky.so i decided to go....fishing.(-;

The bite was slow so i decided to drift over that place where i was snapped off a few days ago. I tossed out 2 worm rods and cranked. I 've fished like this ever since i've owned a boat. After about 5 long cast with my DD 14 Bill Norman crankbait i hear a loud BANG! I looked back at my rods...but there was only one rod. Quickly i looked in the water..and there sinking quickly is my Fenwick Triggerstick rod with a Quantum baitcaster sinking..i tried hard to save it..but it was gone.

I"ll Be Back ...this means war!!
Sorry to hear about the lost rod Chuck.

I had a fun day yesterday. We have received an incredible amount of rain this spring/summer so all of our systems are up. My tournament circuit was on a large river system that has been very difficult fishing the last several years. My partner and I were on a mess of 2.5-3 pound fish and caught around 30 fish on a tough system. We finished with a 12.5 lb limit.

We ended up getting fifth place out of 54 boats and got a decent paycheck. Great being out on the water!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

That is very good Buck..congrats...and you know those 54 boats are all advid fishermen..you did good.

My lesson learned...keep those drifting rods in front of you..not behind you...AND yhe butt of the rod in the boat..not laying on top of the bench seat...a 4 pounder could have done the same thing..The full moon is next Monday so i plan to fish every morning...looking for a double digit. All rods being used are 10 pound test...Fishing primarily open water ...deep pits.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-16-2013 at 06:59 AM.