Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Finally { -;

Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Correction Phil...I'm getting 200.00 back ..I lost 255.00 for the fish blank..
Live and learn...

SUmmary...I had taken fishing and hunting way to serious..I actually did better in both areas when I fished for fun and food and hunted for meat..when I began setting goals and catching and killing to impress others..i slipped off into sin.."Worshipping the creation more than the creator." Romans 1:25 This last lesson has knocked the idolatry right out of me..serious as a heart attack..my wallet is now empty but my soul is good. These kind of lessons will either make you wiser or bitter..I humbly except His discipline.

Keeping it VERY simple,
Chuck 7

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-29-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Correction Phil...I'm getting 200.00 back ..I lost 255.00 for the fish blank..
Live and learn...
Sorry about that my fault on that one that is for sure.. I always keep it simple when it comes to this stuff. I do it for the fun and enjoyment. Lets take bass fishing for example. I only enjoy catching them as I do not eat bass at all. Whether or not I catch the biggest baddest bass out there doesn't matter none to me. I do however see a chance at catching a few monsters coming up this year however. With a few smaller lakes that a lot of folks either do not fis or can not put a boat into it. I have canoes as well as a set of wheels for them. So I can simple roll it on in if there is some sort of road for it. I currently have 3 such lakes in mind. 2 of them have largemouths for sure and the other I have heard it did. But it has a no minnimum length limit or maximum catch limit on smallmouths ( keep any and all you want ) so there will plenty of action. Right now though I have been enjoying some brook trout fishing up here. They have been hitting really well right now. Had some tonight for my supper.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Brook trout...yum yum yum ..that"s the good life ..for real...keeping it simple eatting some pan fried Brooke's..Man alive..doesn't"t get much better than that.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Well been very busy with yard work...full moon is closing in on us all...may have to do some fishing soon. WE are getting plenty of rain from the tropical storm.

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Stay safe down there Chuck. Maybe it will at least bring some rain to my parents in south AL (right on the FL line). It is VERY dry down there.

Phil,
I have wanted to try brook trout for a while now. Stocked trout all taste the same, but I am curious how (all wild) brook trout, brown trout and rainbow trout taste? Do you just pan fry them in butter?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Chuck, stay safe with all those storms you folks all get down there.. It is times like those I am glad to be way up here in the middle of the woods..

I absolutely enjoy the brook trout. I have only had 1 rainbow that I caught brook fishing. It had escaped out of a guys pond when we had some heavey rain one year. I like to blend cornmeal and flour and simply roll the trout in it and then pan fry them in butter. I also will from time to time cook up a few pieces of bacon and cook then in the grease from it along with a few eggs in seperate frying pan. There is a restraunt in Augusta that serves rainbow cooked this way along with hash browns, toast, and beans. They call it a Maine Guide's breakfast.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds great..I'd love to visit Maine one day..I know it must be beautiful..I have friends who live up there somewhere.

I fix fish similiar..because of Buck I've been filleting my fish with the skin off...some fish this is a challenge but they do taste better..I've been catching a pile of Tilapia..they are a little fleshy..if they are under 15 inches..so I corn meal and flour them and put them in HOT peanut oil..This firms them up quite a bit.They are a very mild tasting fish and very healthy...I've never found a worm in one either..their outside scales are built like an armoured truck..I drift for them using red worms but small artificial grubs { Yellow} will work} Also Panther martins work on a slow troll..

I plan to keep a couple packages of them in the freezer at all times..They taste and remind me of flounder.

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-30-2012 at 07:54 AM.