Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Happy Holidays!!!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Happy Holidays!!!

Just thought I would wish everyone Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season with an update from around my area. In mid-Michigan we have had above average temperatures with very little precipitation. Sad to say it, but it will certainly not be a white Christmas. Last year I was ice fishing December 8, this year I will be lucky if I will be ice fishing by January 8.

But, this comes with many positive aspects, the steelhead fishing has been phenominal. As my last semester of college nears and "the real life" looms in the future, this year may go down in the books as the year that I have caught the most fish in my entire life. It's been a good haul. A few pictures of the past month.

Some of many fall chrome Steelhead, a day in which I went 19 for 21 on some of the most incredible fish to date.

Another bunch of fun fall Steelhead.

This is most likely the largest Steelhead that I have brought to the net, pushing the scales to over 15lbs. I did not get a true weight on it, but have dealt with enough fish to know a conservative guess was 15 lbs.

Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Merry Christmas Buck..

The Borden Family
Old 12-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

nice fish man
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else! I haven't been on the board much, so I hope everyone is well.

Buckhunter, those are some nice fish! I always enjoy your brook trout, brown trout, and other salmonid fishing pics. I find myself chasing them more than anything else these days. Smallmouth still get some love from me, but largemouth got boring to me.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful pictures and congratulations on your wonderfully successful fishing ventures this year.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here from the Zeamer family in Texas!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Happy holidays back atcha BUCK! Congrats on the Beautiful Steelies. I do envy you, being able to catch Steelhead like that in those small streams. I almost got to fish for them one time on the Situk river near Yakutat,Alaska, but the trip fell through at the last minute and the opportunity never came again.
Did you make the rod in the picture?
Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

NEK, Steelhead sure do become a passion.

I did custom build the rod pictured. It is a 11 foot Dorber blank. Tied specifically for float fishing river steelhead. I currently own two more of these identical blanks which I will be tied in the upcoming weeks.

I have some other blanks that are being tied right now, and just finished up a few ice rods.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

back @ ya BH14, man them are some awsome fish, hope each and every one of you guys have a great year in the woods and on the water...

be safe, and take a kid sometime