Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Fished a 2 man tournament today... >

Fished a 2 man tournament today...

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fished a 2 man tournament today...

Old 08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Fished a 2 man tournament today...

And came in 1st place...LOL the 2 men were me and my son Matt for 20.00. We had separate boats.

I begged him to fish another lake besides Saddle Creek for obvious reasons..He insisted he could beat his dad at his own game..Poor old Matt did not get a bite..
gangly I went back to our back pit..Matt did to..At 7;00 Am ..I got a pick up on the 10 pound test trilene black trick worm...nice fish .Matt watched as I boated a 5 1/4 pound bass...my 12th bass 5 pounds or over for the year..He was concerned now..

30 minutes later I got a 12 incher that doesnt' count..it's the best 5 fish at leazt 14 inches..

I was trying Rooster tail
Trick WOrm Texas and Drop Shot..

At 8;30 i got a 2nd skinny heeper of 15 inches and 1 3/4 pounds..I missed 3 more bites.I boated a 12 inch bowfish. that was weird..One of my bass bites only left me 2 inches of rubber worm left..gangly, it was that sand bar we started on..I was dead sticking on the sand bar. The bowfish was caught bumping a Texas rigged trickworm in 15 foot deep water climbing up a sandbar..one of those slow swim away bites where your not sure he's still on.

My total weight 7 pounds..

Matt.. 0 pounds..

He said he aint playing no more.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

After posting this thread..I'd like to apologize for boasting...I should have beat my son..I've fished that area all summer and know where every fish lives..I've offered his money back 3 times..he refused to take it back..anyway guys..sorry for boasting..Matt has very little time to fish and i had 2 months off in whihc I fished about 4-5 days a week..
Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear that you had some luck. That sandbar should produce, and I bet its killer during spawn when the bass or looking for bedding areas. Congrats on the win, and its not baosting to say you won, its only boasting if you rub his face in it which you didnt . Congrats again!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Gangly,

He later got it back..{ -; He got me in horse shoes.We played 5 games.

The First 2 he won..then in game 3 I got the 'Feel' and beat him.

game 4 and 5 were very close. We play about every weekend.