Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Got a nice one this morning.. >

Got a nice one this morning..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Got a nice one this morning..

Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Got a nice one this morning..

The bite was slow but I boated a five pounder and this seven pounder..

10 pound trilene and black trick worm

Seven Pounds Even

and a five pounder...

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-17-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Chuck! You are getting closer to your 10 pounder now..
Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Phil,

The 7 was a little tough as she buried herself in some thick hydrilla..I kept a tight line and hoped for the best..hope you get a good one as well.
C7
Old 07-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could use that five pounder tomorrow... have a 65 boat tournament on a very tough fishery. Nice fish Chuck!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

good looking fish!!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks PA Yote

Buck..I was seriously going to join Bass masters last Tuesday.I fish with some of their members...After I counted the cost...100.00 a month i let the idea go..I spend qquite a bit on hunting and to be honest with ya..I'd rather kill a deer than win a bass tournament..The president has left me a message on my email wanting me to call him..I haven't yet. Good luck on your tournament..

I was really happy to land a 7 pounder on 10 pound Trilene..I know you also use light lone..if not lighter..I will say I pushed the button twice..still not totally trusting the drag..LOL

Buck..will you be fishing by yourself or with someone else ?

With Bass masters..you are randomely drawn placed with a boater...Tournaments are 40.00 each with most pay offs at 900.00 The non boater must also give the boater 35.00 for gas etc. They a tournament every month and 2 meetings a month..Fishing is from safe light to 3.00 PM

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-17-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Thanks PA Yote

Buck..I was seriously going to join Bass masters last Tuesday.I fish with some of their members...After I counted the cost...100.00 a month i let the idea go..I spend qquite a bit on hunting and to be honest with ya..I'd rather kill a deer than win a bass tournament..The president has left me a message on my email wanting me to call him..I haven't yet. Good luck on your tournament..

I was really happy to land a 7 pounder on 10 pound Trilene..I know you also use light lone..if not lighter..I will say I pushed the button twice..still not totally trusting the drag..LOL

Buck..will you be fishing by yourself or with someone else ?

With Bass masters..you are randomely drawn placed with a boater...Tournaments are 40.00 each with most pay offs at 900.00 The non boater must also give the boater 35.00 for gas etc. They a tournament every month and 2 meetings a month..Fishing is from safe light to 3.00 PM

The series I am fishing this year is called RDT of Michigan. It covers the state and generally puts up 60 to 80 boats a tournament. Today we had 72. 2 anglers a boat, my partner has a 2009 Ranger, 19ft. $125 a boat per tournament, $15 membership fee per year. First place, pending on number of boats, is over $2,000 a tournament. They also have a final classic in October.

I have bulked up a bit on all of my bass rods, with the exception of my one finesse rod. 65 pound power pro, couple 17 pound flouros, many 12 pound monos, as well as a few 20 pound power pros. Not as much need for lighter line as I had once thought. On some rods I leader down via blood knot to a flouro leader of lighter test.

Today was on one of the toughest fisheries in Michigan, place a few spots better than the middle of the pack today.... Rough going.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I was going to tell ya earlier that you would be fishing on the bad side of the moon ..but I didn't want to discourage ya..plus..a low pressure can change that around real fast..especially with a westernly wind.[ -;

Hey..beating half the pack aint bad..If ya notice in the bass Masters mag..it prints out the winners of the tournaments..Note a fishermen in that group named Bobby Lane..he's a member in the club near me..It' my understanding that the co-anglers down here when 60 % of the tournaments..

Also ..our angler of the year down here fishes 10 pound Trilene...He does get break offs but has won a lot of tournaments as he gets a ton of hits..

Good luck and have fun { -; and stick with your plan.

I actually was prepared to join Bass masters..and I prepared 5 rods...

3 I took off the 12 pound Flouro and 20 pound Power Pro...and stuck on trilene 10 pound...

1 i left on 20 pound Power Pro

1 i left on 40 pound Power Pro for frogging the pads..

I was planning to spin and pitch with 10 pound...over the last week I boated about 40..my name was in last weeks paper..I 'll see if I can find it..

Here is is..I'm Chuck Borden { -;

1 - Around Lakeland, Monna Smith of Lakeland releasing keeper bass 14-19 inches at Saddle Creek Park casting Zoom Ultravibe Speedworms (red shad) and Jethro Krazy Karly trick worms (St. John's River Red), reports Stacy Roberts at Phillips Bait and Tackle. Chuck Borden of Lakeland boated 19 bass up to 6 pounds at Saddle Creek Saturday flipping cattails with black trick worms and Gambler BB Crickets (junebug), Roberts said. Bass 14-20 inches at Tenoroc in lakes Hydrilla, Legs and Picnic on soft plastics and Rat-L-Traps, reports FWC biologist Brian Fleming.

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-17-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very Nice catches Chuck! You're slaughtering them with that Black Trick Worm, I might have to try them out
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey ...the photo of the 7 doesn't give it much justice..but it was a very fat fish..the lake we caught them at does not generate alot of hits..been usually quality fish..

Biggest advantage for me is not the lure..as Matt was fisihng the exact lure on 20 pound Power Pro..he got no hits..He plans to go to 10 pound trilene Sat..as we will try again..

The bite was slow..we fished 3 cat tail clumps a friend of his told him about to no advail. THEN....I remembered getting busted off once on a point while fishing for bluegills...First cast into the hydrilla infested shoreline I felt a tab..and the bass was swimming away with my black worm..I use a pull set SET...and she was on..The drag was working great..half way to the boat she stopped dead into a clump of hydrilla...I than pushed the button but held steady..Eventually she came out and broke the surfavce..my son said ,"t's a big one dad." I eased her to the net. I had another rod out..and low and behold my line was going side ways..I carefully lifted it up and she let go..We cast about 30 more times and began to move south...I felt another tap and set the hook on Mrs. 5 pounder..

This has been one of my best artificial lure years ever..I'm very thankful.
Thanks for the kind reply,
C7

PS Gangly..the only eason I use the trick worm is to not get kinks in the line..I get alot more hits on ribbon tail worms..but the 10 pound trilene won't allow it..the line will kink up within 5 minutes..What's interesting thoiugh is my friend the other day threas entitled.WE BOATED 21..was using a curly tail with 10 pound Stren..he had no kinks..but his line looks like 12 pound..it's thicker than trilene..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-19-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.