Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Replacing carpet in boat? >

Replacing carpet in boat?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Replacing carpet in boat?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Replacing carpet in boat?

I am fixin to replace the carpet in my boat and was wondering if any of yall have any pointers on which carpet would be the best for the job. I have 4 compartments on the fron deck that I would need to carpet the lids on and run it down the sides of the lids. I was thinking about the cabelas carpet but figured I throw it out there and see any other ideas. Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Same here I also need some pointers for replacing the carpet in my boat.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Spike

Home Depot or Lowes or somewhere like that probably has the best price on 24oz. rubber backed, UV resistent outdoor carpet. Because by the time you order and pay freight on carpet from any supplier it gets too expensive. They have the 3M spray carpet adhesive also. I always recommend that people take their hatches off (usually pop riveted or screwed on) to re-carpet them to make sure you get it around the edges on all 4 sides. When putting them back on, use stainless screws, that way the next time you need to re-carpet you won't have to deal with rivets.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i usually just order my carpet from bass pro. I use contact cement to lay it down, since it dries in just a few minutes.

be careful and slowly pull up all the old carpet without tearing it apart, and you have an exact template to cut the new out. same with compartments, go slow, dont rip, and its fairly easy.