Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
It's been quiet on here lately...... >

It's been quiet on here lately......

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

It's been quiet on here lately......

Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default It's been quiet on here lately......

I hope that is because you guys are all out fishing!!!

I am going out on a boat this weekend with a local fly fishing club in my new little lake. Targeting bass early, then some crappie and bluegill
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

losing the interest myself...
Old 04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
losing the interest myself...
In fishing or the forum?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

just re-evaluating my heart and putting everything in it's proper place.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well I hope you stick around. You have been very helpful to me on here. I too can sometimes "idolize" that big bass or big 'ol Tom. My girlfriend actually yelled at me not too long ago about putting fishing before her (not to mention before my relationship with Christ). It is good to reflect and re-focus. However, I feel closest to God when I am out enjoying his creation, as long as I don't idolize it. I also enjoy sharing those experiences with others on here, as well as reading about theirs. I tend to spend time on here that maybe I should be reading scripture.......point is, a I need to strike a good balance.......a lifelong battle fought daily
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Fishing and hunting are great ways to get alone and spend time with the Lord..some of the best actually.

Sometimes I take a good long fast..and get to the place where one is dead and then let God sort it all out. When one is dead to self ...everything else fits nicely into place..hunitng and fishing is enhanced as well as relationships,The stuff that shouldn't be in your life in the first place..loses it's appeal thus setting one free indeed.

Once you get at such a place..the goal is to stay there.{ -;
Old 04-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havent been hitting the board all that hard either. I have done a considerably amount of fishing in the past few weeks, but havent been posting many pictures and therefore havent been making any posts. Hope everybody is doing well, this is the first place I come to in the morning so hopefully its just slow right now and hasnt been given up on
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Well,
This forum like many others has indeed slowed down..there are many reasons why the place has slowed down. It diffently used to be a tighter crew..

My fishing hole has gone south..Out of 8 trips I've had 1 hit..so my fishing will be very limited.I'm still working on boat leaks..I JBWelded the entire seam of my jon.I've ordered some Marine Tex sealer to go over top..It should be good. My outboard has been in the shop for 2 weeks.They said the problem is electrical.

The way the economy is I refuse to drive far for fishing..
Tenoroc is good..but only open on weekends..and even that..the pressure has really slowed those pits down..so I was fortunate to get the weight I've gotten on the tourney so far this year..I will still check out Saddle Creek once a month before the full moon..I saw 2 nice bass swimming around like they were sick or shocked..

Last year Saddle Creek is where I done 90 % of my fishing..I miss that place..
Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

well here is the deal for me, this sight has once agian become pain-stakinly slow for me, i realize it must be all five of the different puters i have tried to use, or the server i'm going thru...but when you have to load, load, load, wait wait wait....it is very fustraiting....i haven't noticed this on the couple of other sights i visit, but i'm sure it won't be long

one site has 210 forums and is the best run board i have ever been on, i can't name it here publicly cause it may cause some of my star struck fans to follow me and cause desent, but i have met several members already and have even known some for years...it is the reverse of this sight mostly fishing but the do have a hunting forum and a bunch of others

as for my time, been fishing, and actually catching a few, still no big fish but it should happen anyday now the fish are ventureing into the narrow stuff.....ya'll take care...

and my invites are still open, just pm me or e-mail

Keith Out (i'll still read/post here what i can)
Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

well here is the deal for me, this sight has once agian become pain-stakinly slow for me,
This site has been slow for me as well.. Just moving from forum to forum is getting to be a real pain.. Let alone after posting something..

Oh well I am getting gear up for our up coming turkey season and can hardly wait for a chance to nail a big tom..