Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Neat BASS this month.. >

Neat BASS this month..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Neat BASS this month..

Old 03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Neat BASS this month..

My favorite part of that magazine is when they put a pro on a lake that he has never been on before..The pro this week was Hank Parker..

Situation 30s..and snow...

He tried..jigs ..tight wobble cranks ..shakey head and drop shot rigging a Berkey Crazy Legs Craw...

I learned alot..He ended up catching a nice 4 pounder on the drop shot and 2 other smaller ones..HIs line was 6 pound test mono..

I've never used the drop shot but I did some research..and found it's one of the best tactics for lethargic bass...and 6 lb test?? wow!! I can see why ..going totally stealthy here.{ -;

...This lure won the 2007 BassMastersClassic...except for the two legs between the claws..they are new..this lure was the one Hank Parker used called Berkley Chigger Claw Crazy Legs..he used the Green Pumpkin color..my favorite as well.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-15-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a great lure as a jig trailer as well. I believe they are actually called Berkley Crazy Legs Chiiger Craw, but I am proably mistaken. The riginal version, the Berkely Chigger Craw didnt have the antenna and was a hot bait as well. I agree with you, the Chigger Craw, of any type, is a great lure especially on a Hairy Craw. I Have started worming with a lot lighter line, generally in 8 lb test, and have had good results, as long as I stay away from the underwater junk. I dont even think about using 8 lb around wood.

ps I will be sending you a PM in the morning Chuck
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Gangly,

A bell came on after writing this post last night..instead of excessive typing ..let's get right down to the meat , mushrooms , fillet mignom { -;

A. Did an experiment once...circled a small pit casting black and blue worm { My favorite at the time} 1983...using 12 pound trilene...had 3 hits..IMMEDIATELY afterwards...I circled the pit again using 10 and had 10 hits..same worm.

B. Talked to the winner of a big tournament..local guy..just won a tourney best fish was over 9 pounds..I asked what lure and what line..answer..pitching a fluke on ...10 pound test..I said don't you worry about break offs..he said I do get broke off...but I also get alot more bites..could this possilbly be one of the pros secret of catching more fish??

C. my wife and I used to catch alot more fish back in the 80s AND alot of 5s and 6s..we always used ....10 pound Trilene..

D.For the next 3 days of fishing..counting today..I'm using ...20pound power pro for flipping the soup but 8 pound in open water..

the lighter line makes sense to me..right now I have on either 6 or 8 I forgot but it is diffently thin almost invisable..which I believe is important..need to reset the drags.LOL I refuse to use flourocarbon..I hate the stuff...just my humble opinion

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-16-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hank Parker is one of my favorite anglers