Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I'm on the board..

Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

So, I probably know what flipping is, just prob don't call it that. What exactly is flipping?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Mr. MRl0004,

I tried finding you a good youtube video..I couldn't find one..so you will need to use your imagination..

A.Pull your boat to the edge of a shoreline..I like a shoreline that is about 3 foot deep with overhanging trees or cat tail..

B. You will need a long rod..I have a 7 footer..Imagine sticking your rod straight out..with about 6 feet of line hanging off the end..

C. Drop your rubber worm in the dark little holes in the thick stuff..as far back in the thick stuff as you can reach....

D. you need to feel your worm hit the bottom..I try and bounce mine gently off the bottom 7 times..I also insert rattles in the worm to draw more attention..

A great place to flip.,..imagine pulling up to a mat of vegetation in shallow water..the area is about the size of your bathroom..Quietly begin ..reaching out with your rod and carefully dropping your worm into every little hole in that mat of veggies..your left hand helps to hold the excess line..

E. When you feel a tap your line will begin quickly getting pulled..QUickly reel in slack...feel fish...SET THE HOOK

...I imagine the fish is a 5 pound bass..this helps me to set the hook good and solid..as I feel the fish..I come back good..and try to pull the fish straight up out of the salad.

PITCHING ..is almost the same thing except..
you get about 10 feet from the target and pitch to the edge of the shoreline..FLipping is used to get right up on your target and cover an immediate area thoroughly. The big ones are in the heavy stuff.

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-14-2011 at 12:49 PM.