Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
New Lake AUstin Record >

New Lake AUstin Record

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

New Lake AUstin Record

Old 02-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I didnt even know that! Thats amazing....jigs and DD crankbaits on deep brushpiles.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Great pic Mt.

Gangly..thanks for sharing..super prizes for sure..
Old 02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

No Problem Chuck.

I was watching a fishing show "One last Cast with Shaw Grigsby" last night, and they were fishing in your area on what I think was sulpher pits or something like that, and they mentioned they were about an hour to an hour and a half south of Orlando. It was Shaw and a representative from the Florida equivelant of a Parks and Wildlife biologist that were fishing together. They were fishing these retired strip zones that were stocked with Florida strain as Management Areas where it was all catch and release and they were catching some NICE bass. I think they were using some small soft plastic swimbait texas hooked, but I could be way off on that. I just remember watching it and thinking "Man, I bet Chuck is gonna pull a 10lb'er this year and squash my hopes", haha. I'm sure it will be you, MTHands, or MBHutton.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

What time of the year was it..those were privately owned phosphate pits..

They have a ton of phosphate pits down here..when they dig..they find some very nice fossils..complete sabertooth tigers...etc...they make fertilizer from the phosphate...where I fish.{ Saddle Creek and Tenoroc.}.these are all old phosphate pits. great for jon boats..as you can always get out of the wind behind some man made island.

BY the way..the reason for the large print..my eyes are getting bad.

also the reason for mis spelled words..