Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Carrot Stix Wild

Old 01-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Carrot Stix Wild

Well guys, im a 14 year old boy who loves bass fishing. i live on a lake with a dock and kayaks etc. I just tried my first bass tournament over the summer and won which was so exciting! Right now im using a Bass Pro tournament series rod and a quantum accurist reel but im very much ready to upgrade, so i need some help. im amazed by my reel so all i need it a nice baitcasting rod and i have $100 to spend. Im really leaning toward getting the brand new Carrot Stix Wild but im debating if its a good rod. any help?
Thanks, Mitch
Old 01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Mitch...

There are many nice rods for 100.00

I'd get a 7 footer..it's a great all purpose bass rod..

has extra leverage to set hooks..

Extra leverage to keep Horny Toads from sinking so fast LOL

Extra leverage to sweep a hook set with Carolina Rig..etc..

Extra leverage for longer cast..

I only buy rods from Walmart so I can't help ya...and they only go up to 50.00....partner..I'd go with Walmart's 40.00 Medium 7 foot ugly stick.
Been using my 3 or 4 with no complaints..I know some who have bought the Carrot sticks and then turned right around and sold them..

A few years ago I would have suggested the Lightining Rods..but these last models..{ I have two 7 footers} I'm not happy with them..rod guides breaking..and too darn heavy and stiff...

If you have money to spare..I'd find somewhere { Ebay} that sold St.Croix...pretty rod...felt nice..but IMHO not nice enough to jump from a pretty nice 40.00 rod to 150.00 rod..just MHO
Summary..I'd get the 40.00 Ugly Stick 7 foot model { - ;
Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definately get a 7' rod, as Chuck said.

As far as brand name, you will get what you pay for in quality. That does not mean its going to last for X amount of years, though. I twenty dollar rod snaps in a car door the same as a twohundred dollar rod.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys that was a big help. now i definetly am considering getting a cheaper rod. but i still like the carrot stix rods quite a bit. Bieng a teenager i have this money burning a hole in my pocket LOL. i think a 7 foot medium heavy rod sounds good. thanks so much for the help!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Be Radical..

live within your budget...
Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave Ramsey
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Who is Dave Ramsey??
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

A christian who speaks on the topic of fiscal responsibility. He has a very similar saying that goes something like this "Debt is Normal...be wierd". Which basically means that in our society, debt is normal, so dont be normal, be the wierd people, be debt free. A great speaker who lectures on being financially strong, paying off your debts, and getting yourself on the right path for economic sucess. He is has a daily show on FOX and broadcasts on radio as well, nationwide on numerous stations. He is great to listen to. Talks about how we need to learn to say no to things now so that we can say yes in the future. He has a lot of great information and several good books on how to tighten up your belt, be a man, getting yourself out of debt the good ol fashion way through working hard, saving, not spending your money on stuff that you think you need, and realizing that you dont get wealthy by spending money, you get wealthy by working hard, paying off your debts, and building equity.

My favorite quote of his goes something like "The paid off mortgage has replaced the BMW as the status sysmbol of america"
Old 01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

We are totally debt free..been free for quite a few years...so buying expensive stuff isn't hard ..we just try to be smart and don't fall into the "Keeping up with the Jones syndrome."

there is a good verse in the good Word that so appropriately fits..

"A mans life does not consist in the abundunce of his possessions."

Yes..there is much more to life than things..I have got a few very nice things don't get me wrong..but I don't need the best in everything I do.Here lately ,{Because of my wife's health and my weight} we've been taking great pleasure in creating great soup and sandwich dinnners..lunch consist of fruit...and breakfast ,...a creative bagel..

learning to enjoy the simple things and taking care of what ya got..

Life is good.Enjoy those kids man.,.they grow up super fast..I have alot of videos of mine...

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-26-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are debt free as well, except for a mortgage, but we are working on that. Its amazing how much easier things are when you dont have any notes to pay on vehicles, motorcycles, etc. Just makes things so much simpler, and allows you to save so much faster. I am a firm believe in Cash is king, and if you dont have the cash for it, you prolly dont need it haha.

Speaking of kids videos, I lost 2 days worth of Disney video of my kids, I felt sick to my stomache for days. Still heartbreaking to think about it, really disappointed in myself for that one.

On a brighter note, the weather is warming up, supposed to be in the high sixties today and will be for the next few days. I think this is what the bass need to kick into their pre-spawn. Going out on lunch today to see if I can catch a few early birds

Gonna try three different lures:
Jig and trailer
Spinnerbait
Big Worm

Hopefuly one does the trick

Last edited by Gangly; 01-27-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.