Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

B B Tips

Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default B B Tips

B B TIPS

stands for BIG BASS TIPS...I started the thread like that as I don't want locals in FLorida finding out my fishing spots..when they surf the net..

We can use this thread to share tips for increasing the odds of catching BIg Bertha..I will share some as soon as I find a mouse for this lap top LOL
My goal this year is not to win ..but to get a new personal best..as I hope you all do..
Chuck

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-21-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Please only share tips that you have discovered yourself or have gotten from a reliable sourse..not from something you have read..{ -;

#1. I knew a man who consistently caught big bass 9-12 pounders..an older fellow. I ask him what his secret was. He only used 2 rods..2 7 foot Carolina Rigged rods..with a 10 inch worm. He would drift for about 3-4 hours in deep spots with structure..With the breeze blowing gently holding on to both poles,he would usually get one bite per outing...but it would be huge. I have tried this and have had them nearly break my wrist on the hit..and like my man siaid..I'd get one hit..but it would be a dousy and it always seem to bite when you least expected.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Dominant Buck

#2 The Jig...is a very boring lure IMHO..it must be fished slower and the hits can be difficult to detect. MTHands turned me on to the jig..Like tip #1..I don't get alot of hits..but when I do..they are generally quality fish.I will be jigging alot this year. I like a brownish jig with pumpkin seed trailor ..not a long trailor but short and fat..
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

#3 Guys..I didn't keep alot of data last year except for one thing.It's no coincidence..fish bite a whole lot more the 4 days prior of the new moon and full moon..that is a fact..I probably won't even bother fishing the other days much unless I just need to get out of the house or unless it's the week they are spawning. The big ones are much more vulnerable at this time.

NOTE..I don't do good on the new or full moons.only the days leading up to them.

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-20-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

#4. I've read where big bass like skinny tighter wobble baits during the winter months..I've always boasted about the Rooster Tail 3/8th ounce spinner..I realized a few days ago..90% of these big bass were caught during the spawn..I'd simply throw the bait into a small pool off of the main body of water...if the water was 2 foot deep..I 'd let the Rooster go about 12 inches down..just out of site..and slowly pass through the bed/pool..I lost count on lunkers caught that way..

Also..on these Feb. months..when all hope was lost..I'd cast this lure long..right in the middle of the deep..let it sink..then bring it back slowly with a high speed spinning rod ..caught lots of BIG ones like this..they love a helpless bait down deep.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

TOP WATER
#5 There's just something about top water that causes the bigger fish to strike..In the thick cover..you can't beat a Horny Toad..If your in pads..I'd highly reccomend using at least 20 pound braid..
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Dominant Buck

#6 Crankbaits..

In the spring or summer..I like to use big deep diving Norman crankbaits..Chrome with black back..you want to crank fast to quickly hit the bottom or grass..you want your crank causing a commotion down there..I boated my personal best with a crankbait..getting hung up in the grass..you need to get your crank in the structure..and then let up causing it to float back up...then dive down again..etc.etc..big cranks are great lures.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

#7Talked to another retired Christian man..spends all his time fishing ..right where I do..I ask him how many big bass he's taken..His best are 2 elevens and a load of 10s.
I said what did you catch them on..He said I mostly use one lure..a 1/2 ounce Terminator spinnerbait..with 2 gold leaves..I cast into heavy structure and work it through sloow..I tried it..did pretty darn good last year with it..a few pretty nice 3-4 pounders..and a load of 2 pounders..I found a fishing lure store to buy my gold blades cheap. I like using this lure during and after the spawn..
Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

#8 And for those lock jaw bass..sometimes..I get to the lake 1 hour before daylight or stay 1 hour later in the dark..I've had very good success with this technique..A local tackle shop has some serous wall hangers hanging in it.They were all caught at night I understand. With the alligators though..I don't do this alot..and only with my 357 close by.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

#9 Have patience..I know a few pros..when they know bass are in the area...and they don't get a hit.I've seen them anchor and slowly bump a worm or jig..for over an hour..and finally pull up Bertha..so don't be in a hurry..and take your time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.