Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

No tag needed

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default No tag needed

For the tourney fishermen,

After much thought ..a tag is not necessary...a date in the picture is good enough..

My main concern is for the fish .last year while trying to get a good photo of a bass...a stout 4 pounder was not able to recover.The fish was in the slot where it had to be released..I felt badly about that...

The date from the camera is good enough..if your mechanism is malfuntioned then go to Paint and put a date in...

God bless,
C7

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-11-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Chuck. When catching and releasing though, your absolutely right, the fish is priority number 1 and the quicker you can get him back in the water, the better.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen..one other bug in the tag idea..

Say the bass was a trophy...most wouldn't want a tag in the picture..

and like has been said..takes too much time...Bertha needs to get back int the water ASAP..

Plus..some folks handwriting may be hard to read..LOL

My other camera bit the dust but my wife has a very nice cannon I bought..takes nice pics..I've PMed MTHands but have not gotten a responce yet..
Old 01-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey chuck count us in

M.T.Hands
Iam deadly
Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Dominant Buck

10-4 buddy...

I'll let you in on a secret..since I'll need a BIG BASS and can't use shiners..I'll be putting your lures you sent to work..that's a fact..the ones you sent 4 years ago..I think that;s the ticket for a Big Bass

C7
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

No problem chuck, tho if ya did need a tag i was gonna put one in it, and if its a trophy size fish with a date in it it would remind you of the year it was caught but ether way is fine for me, and i also dont see any reason what so ever for anyone to cheat (Integrity ), we just here to have fun and have a good time!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope your right Lance...the tag is no big deal if you have another person to take your picture..but I did find when I'm by myself..with a flopping fish..it was a pain laying the fish down still...setting up a tag..holding camera hoping the bass doesn't take an unexpected jump...only to find out my fish would not make it..

Without the tag one can quickly click off a couple pics..weigh her..release her.
Good luck Lance..you got some serious contenders here. [-;
C7
Old 01-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds Good Chuck. Its gonna be fun either way
Old 01-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Dominant Buck

yes sir..I'm pumped ..I hope to post something opening day..this Sat. { -; even if it's 1 pound.{ -;

I was going to crappie fish...not sure now..May let Matt take the rear of the boat and haul in crappy while I fish the front for bass..sounds like a plan.Monday I'm off for Martin Luther King day..moon will be perfect...wind decent and not freezing..This year I plan to travel to some well known better lakes..I should be ok if the wind is in the right direction..I wrestled with the possibility of joining BASS MASTERS for the opportunity to fish all the hot lakes..and to fish with the pros..but all the tourneys are on Sundays..I can't do that. I go to the house of the Lord on Sundays..

Guys, I don't care about winning ..but I do desire a 10 pounder this year.If I get a 10or better she's on the wall .

Last year was weird,..NO ONE saw them spawn..Shiners would not hardly work..and my best boater was 6 1/4 ..not good for my area.We had a horrilbe freeze last year that killed 1000s of fish..I hope this year pans out good for all of us and I hope we all get a personal best...

Check those license dates
Make sure life jackets and legal stuff is in the boat.
Double check your drags.
May need to change line this year..LOL
Sharpen hooks.
Camera Battery charged or new
and ENJOY THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF GOD'S CREATION
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is funny when you guys start talking about the spawn right now and I look out the window to see a foot of snow and 10 degree temperatures. I am not complaining by any means. Out tournament season doesn't even start until May 28, thankfully they just implemented new laws about the legality of catch and release bass fishing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.