Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
Loading up for Spring >

Loading up for Spring

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Loading up for Spring

Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

I have all the bass rods and reels i need, I'm gonna try tying my own jigs this year. I wanna get a few crapppie rods and reels and start to catch them.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Most crappie fishermen just use a 1o foot or longer cane pole..unless you are using jigs..as I'm leaning to this morning..then an ultra light reel on a flemzy rod is best..

you can jig them 3 different ways..

A. Find a good spot.and simply stay there bouncing lightly your jig off the bottom of the lake.

B. Throw out 3 rods...and troll on #1 speed slow...right off the bottom..when rod bends reel in fish.

C. put a bobber above the jig..keeping the jig just off the bottom.

All three work fine..the water type demands which style I'll use..and the wind as well { -;
Old 01-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

"added a few rods, home-made....with micro guides we'll see how we like them soon

as far as reels, i bought the wife a couple of the curado's if i were buying one for myself i'd opt for the 5.1:1 ratio but thats just me, i'll be sticking with my trusty 4500 and 4600's

baits, will be trying some new stuff but by no means abandon tried and true baits"
Pro Bass Fisherman..MTHands

MT...you are the toughest one on here to compete with..you always find a way to get er done. I still wish we could fish together one day..but the way gas prices are going..I seriously dobt that. I appreciate you and the Mrs. joining us again this year..you always raise the bar..making us fish harder. { -;
Sincerely,
Chuck B

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-23-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Chuck7
"added a few rods, home-made....with micro guides we'll see how we like them soon

as far as reels, i bought the wife a couple of the curado's if i were buying one for myself i'd opt for the 5.1:1 ratio but thats just me, i'll be sticking with my trusty 4500 and 4600's

baits, will be trying some new stuff but by no means abandon tried and true baits"
Pro Bass Fisherman..MTHands

MT...you are the toughest one on here to compete with..you always find a way to get er done. I still wish we could fish together one day..but the way gas prices are going..I seriously dobt that. I appreciate you and the Mrs. joining us again this year..you always raise the bar..making us fish harder. { -;
Sincerely,
Chuck B

i believe you added that last part as i assure you i'm nothing but a hacker

we may make it down your way soon, Jason (our middle boy) is stationed @ Mcdill AFB

as far as the fishin, i just want everbody to catch fish and have a good time
Old 01-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Dominant Buck

i just want everbody to catch fish and have a good time
MTHands..

In the past..I didn't think like that....very competitive..I can honestly agree with Keith..I hope everyone does good and that I get beat this year..Keith...Matt wants to get the boat before spawning season..so I'm looking hard. I want to take you all out to dinner Keith if your in the area..If i have a decent boat by then..your welcome to take your son out and fish..
C7