Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

My new baby

Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Default My new baby

Got this boat brand new the weekend of the fourth,Finally got it set up with all the goodies!!!......Its a proud moment for me Almost like my first born all over again!!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great to see another Michigander around these parts.... I post on here quiet a bit. Congratulations on the boat.

I see you from Hubbard Lake, I would assume you fish that gem often?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckhunter14
Great to see another Michigander around these parts.... I post on here quiet a bit. Congratulations on the boat.

I see you from Hubbard Lake, I would assume you fish that gem often?

Thats the main reason i got the boat!!! i live across the road from the lake but my neighbors have a cottage just up the road that they rent out, when they have no renters they let me keep it on their hoist. So i been fishen my butt off! Prob caught over 30 walleys in the past 2 weeks but only have put 3 keepers in the frezer!!! is a bit frustrating!!! Heading out after work tomarrow and going out on thunder bay on lake huron, thats where they get the good ones, 25 in, plus average!! Got high hopes so wish me luck! see ya!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice! if i could only save up enough for a jon bot or canoe. but something always comes up
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by childers
nice! if i could only save up enough for a jon bot or canoe. but something always comes up

I've bought multiple boats on Craigslist... Very cheap (like $150, $200). I buy them now just to resell them at times, puts a little money in my pocket and I will sometimes upgrade and sell the boat I currently have.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know lol i have lots of expensive
Old 07-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

great looken boat congrats..that cost ya a perty penny?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well my first trip today out on the big water(Lake Huron), ends with mixed emotions. Got out of work ealy and got started at about 3:00 pm, By 7, i was in three to four foot rollers and thats a bit tricky in my new boat i found, that tosses ya around pretty good and with the wind made it tough for trolling. When we gave up i made a hard turn out into the wind so i could hold her straight to pic up the lines,but apparently did it a little too tight and ended up tangling 4 out of 5 lines!! got my off shore boards and snap weights back but somehow managed to break all 4 lines and loose my lures! Thank god i was using crawler harnesses, at about 1.50 a peice instead of the big rapalas at close to 10 bucks a peice!!! Oh well, lesson learned i guess, and did manage to come out of it with one walleye, a nice 22 incher, the biggest ive put in my boat yet! Gonna try it again out there soon, on a calmer day and give it another try, lot of water out there to check out!!!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

be glad your lures dont go over 10 bucks each. my average lure cost is around 13 dollars or so(not including soft plastics). i have dozens of lures around 20 dollars.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice looking boat...happy for ya.

Me..I aint got the faith to buy one like that..afraid of the maintenance bills/break downs..I like SIMPLE..[ -;

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.