HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   personal best bass (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/323579-personal-best-bass.html)

Gangly 05-20-2010 07:18 PM

personal best bass

Fished for a bit today, only had one fish in 2 hours, but it was a decent one. I was slow swimming a Berkely 10" Junebug Powerbait Worm off of a point and felt the tap tap tuuuuuuuuuuug and set the hook on her. She didnt feel big at all, and when she jumped the first time she looked just a little larger than normal, but on her second jump i got to see her sideways and she was a little porker of a bass :). Thats when I started to get a little nervous, because she was jumping everywhere. I got her close to the bank and she quickly stripped off some line and dove back down deep in the weeds. I was using 30lb braid and hoisted her out of the slop just in time for her to strip off more drag and go right back down in there. I tightened down the drag and hoisted her out for the second time and landed her with an additional 5 lbs of weeds as well. Put her on the scales and got 4.14 lbs.(personal best for this year). Here she is:

Chuck7 05-21-2010 12:50 AM

Congrats ..
:happy0001:4.14 POUNDS

Now let's turn the picture around a little..{ -;

buckhunter14 05-21-2010 04:47 AM

Congrats on the fish.

m.t.hands 05-21-2010 09:43 PM

good fish gangly:s4:

Chuck7 05-22-2010 12:55 AM

Whoops..I made a mistake..I AM DEADLY is still in 3rd..She is only one ounce from 8 pounds..

Phil from Maine 05-22-2010 02:55 PM

Congrats Gangly! Nice fish you have caught there.. I most likely will not be able to catch up to the southern folks. I will see what I can do once June comes around and the bass start heading into the beds though..:s2:

marlin30/30_drabe 05-22-2010 05:38 PM

nice fish and hey arent you a memebr of bassresource.com i thought i saw a gangley on there and i also saw your titanium spinnerbait question btw my username is senkoman12 its a great site

fishinty 05-23-2010 05:18 PM

nice bass gangley

Gangly 05-23-2010 07:37 PM

Marlin, yes, thats me, I frequent that site a lot as well, haha. TONS of great information and very knowledgeable people on that site. However, a few of the people on this site are very knowledgable as well and really helped me out tremendously when i started trying to fish for bass specifically, and so I have grown fairly fond of this section of the site and value the opinions of some of the people who post here. This section is smaller and doesnt have as much flash as ther bass specific sites, but it has quite a few people who have become more than screen names to me and so I always check this site first in the morning :)

Thanks for all the congrats everybody, I appreciate it. :)

marlin30/30_drabe 05-24-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gangly (Post 3629696)
Marlin, yes, thats me, I frequent that site a lot as well, haha. TONS of great information and very knowledgeable people on that site. However, a few of the people on this site are very knowledgable as well and really helped me out tremendously when i started trying to fish for bass specifically, and so I have grown fairly fond of this section of the site and value the opinions of some of the people who post here. This section is smaller and doesnt have as much flash as ther bass specific sites, but it has quite a few people who have become more than screen names to me and so I always check this site first in the morning :)

Thanks for all the congrats everybody, I appreciate it. :)

i always check this one first too this one and bassresource.com are both great