Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
C7 Cleaning Photos (graphic) >

C7 Cleaning Photos (graphic)

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

C7 Cleaning Photos (graphic)

Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default C7 Cleaning Photos (graphic)

Here are a few pictures that I snapped when cleaning. I know talking about it is much more difficult than a simple picture.

They are in order that I do them.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Nicely done BH14. I do it exactly the same way but use an electric knife. Beautiful crappie on the other post. King of fish IMO.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks CI.

I use an electric knife on big fish (smallies, pike, steelhead).

I find that I lose a little more meat if I use an electric and these little morsels are the best so I take a little more time.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

My first day out today wasn't that good. I went for yellow perch and only got about 20 pounds and they weren't that large. The ice at the first place was a bit sketchy and a few guys got some fish but I couldn't seem to get a good hole. There was only about 100 yds of ice about 4" thick and the wind came up and the ice started to go up and down with the waves. i got off at that point. The second place is just around the corner from one of my flatfish (gills, sunnies and crappie) spots and the perch were biting OK. Not sure where I will go tomorrow. I'll switch over to flats if I get some spikes.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Buckhunter,
Thanks
We men are visuals..that was an excellent visual..I got it now.{ -:.I really appreciate that.
You must have knew I was still in a fog..LOL

Champlain Islander...20 pounds of Yellow Perch is wonderful..they are some EXCELLENT eatting.. I haven't had any yellow perch and 30 years..We don't have them in Florida.

This picture tells the whole story..{ -:

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-21-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

When you serve them pan fried whole; do you leave the skin on? I did.[ -:

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-21-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Champlain Islander...20 pounds of Yellow Perch is wonderful..they are some EXCELLENT eatting.. I haven't had any yellow perch and 30 years..We don't have them in Florida.
They are indeed good eating. Our lake has an abundant supply of all pan fish and the only species with limits are crappie. I alternate between flat fish (gills, sunnies and crappie) and yellow or white perch all winter. I fish for whatever is biting. To show how good a pan fishery we have... my best day last year for yellow perch was 183 pounds and late season last ice flat fish were close to 200 pounds in one day. I don't always get that type of catch but often have 100+ pound days for both types of fish. Some days are like today and I couldn't fill 5 gal dry wall bucket. Fishing every day obviously produces more fish than I can eat much less clean. We have fish buyers all around the lake who welcome the chance to buy and process our whole fish. These fish feed people in a variety of ways and the supply according to our biologists is self sustaining at least in Lake Champlain. Tomorrow will be another day.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
They are indeed good eating. Our lake has an abundant supply of all pan fish and the only species with limits are crappie. I alternate between flat fish (gills, sunnies and crappie) and yellow or white perch all winter. I fish for whatever is biting. To show how good a pan fishery we have... my best day last year for yellow perch was 183 pounds and late season last ice flat fish were close to 200 pounds in one day. I don't always get that type of catch but often have 100+ pound days for both types of fish. Some days are like today and I couldn't fill 5 gal dry wall bucket. Fishing every day obviously produces more fish than I can eat much less clean. We have fish buyers all around the lake who welcome the chance to buy and process our whole fish. These fish feed people in a variety of ways and the supply according to our biologists is self sustaining at least in Lake Champlain. Tomorrow will be another day.

That's interesting CI, do they have any way of regulating a limit?

That must be pounds of fish, not pounds of meat?

We are limited to 25 gills, no matter the size. Pretty easy on most occasions for a person who has permission on a good fishery (with some luck and skill).
Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here it is pretty much the same as C.I. .. We have no limits on gills ( sunfish ) or yellow perch. I am not rappie but I am thinking it is the same with no limits as well.. White perch on most lakes has a 25 fish limit. Most warm water fish gets thrown back up this way although there is some pretty tough limits on bass as it is a sports fishery that holds quite a few tourneys around the state.. Other than that the tougher limits are put on trout and salmon and almost each lake is different so you have to have a law book handy when trying out different lakes..
Old 12-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Spike

Hey C.I. I try to get up to Highgate Springs 5 or 6 times a year just wondering what there is for ice up there. thanks alot.
Putt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.