Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

tube jigs..

Old 05-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default tube jigs..

i bought some gizit tube jigs for bass...maybe walleye...whatever wants to eat it...but i really dont know the real way to fish them....i am a bank fishermen for the most part..just throw them out along structure and jig them in? or do you slowly drag them in or what? i have alot of boat docks i can throw them under too...and rocks and logjams and things like that....how do you fish tube jigs?? thanx
Old 05-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tube jigs..

Tube jigs are by far my favorite bass bait! I have found that bass sometimes like them real slow, sometimes a little faster, and sometimes they like to hit `em when they are moving pretty fast.

I always start by working them real slow on the bottom. If that does not yield results, I start speeding up the retrieve. Twitch them a little faster, and a little farther.

Color can be important too. My best results in rivers and on lake erie is with " puke" color.

Go ahead and laugh...it is really a color. Check it out in cabelas catalog.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx alot.....i have brown and black so far....after i start getting fish i will get more....so basically just jig them until i find what the fish wants?? thanx
Old 06-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I like to throw them with the weedless hooks so they dont get caught up on stuff and then i drop or toss them into the thickest cover or trees i can find. Alot of times the bass will hit it on the way down so be ready. I like using the brown colors that look like a crawfish. Best of luck, tube baits can be deadly.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

How are you guys riggin' them up? I asked a local fishing shop owner about them today, and he said he was selling the fire out of them, but didn' t really know how people were weighting them down and all.

He said he thought everyone was mostly Texas-rigging them like a plastic worm, and some people were pegging the weight in with a toothpick.

Is this true? I would think these would do better with no weight at all, so they could just dart through the water? Any tips?
Old 06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

i put my jigheads inside of mine...after i get into it i will try the texas rig...but they come with jug heads you can slide right in them and make a perfect jig...no other weight is used unless you rig them another way......
Old 06-06-2003, 11:31 AM

They are by far my favorite thing to use for anything , ive had great luck by just casting them out and slowly realing them in. It looks like a minnow swiming and it works well. i usually real in fast enough so i can see the jig in the water so that its not too deep. When your watching your jig and then it dissapears as your realing it in you set the hook and you got yourself a fish its a real fun way to catch bass or anyother fish.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

i caught about 6 or 7 bass on them the other day...twithcing them and reeling them in...nothing huge...2 or 3 nuce ones about 2-3lbs..the rest were on a white mini spinnerbait....its hard to detect a strike..i dont think i got one hook set with them..went to reel and the fish took off almost taking the rod out of my hands......i cant wait till we get teh boat in maybe sunday...that means tons of fishing time on the river....and i heard my uncle is thinking of fishing....so me and him can go out alone on the boat and actually fish.....i will probably be teaching him because i dont think he knows to much about it...his dad past away when he was young and he really never fished except once in a while....i have a catfishing partner now atleast.....there easy to catch and fun.....i think i can get him hooked into fishing by teaching him the basics or bait fishing...then move up to lures for bass ect...i cant wait to get to the boat docks......vertcal jigging for bass and eyes off the docks....theres a bridge within 100yds of the parking lot and a hole by the pillar that looks nice and deep....and the runs in front and behing the pillar look great...i cant wait....thanx guys....they are a great lure.....
Old 06-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

check the magazine racks. i think it was either sports afield or field and stream, somebody had an article on tubes, how to fish them, different ways to rig them up, i' ve been using them for awhile, but i had no idea they were so versatile
Old 06-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: tube jigs..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.