Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

anyone like me?

Old 05-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default anyone like me?

anyone addicted to buying fishing stuff?? anytime im in a store that sells it i have to atleast look and usually buy something...now that im working its worse! my tackle box is stocked for the summer with terminal tackle except catfish hooks...which i cant find my good circles so i wont buy anything else....i bought a bunch of things i dont use..like rapalas and tube jigs..i plan on using them but i got other things that will work and probally wont take the time to learn them....i plan to...i hear they are great once they are learned....anyone else have a sick addiction like me? i know it wont go to waste...i fish alot.....but its getting kinda wierd now that i have money i really wont miss lol....
Old 05-31-2003, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: anyone like me?

All of us do! That' s why they call this " The Sick Fisherman Page" .

Wait til your married and have to decide between a new lure or a gallon of milk for the kids. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:17 AM

Its sort of funny when you think about it mauser, the fishing lure business is mostly designed to catch fishermen, and it works good too. There is a limitless supply of stuff that looks so much like a fish would just have to bite it. The fish dont seem to care though. Just us bass heads with 50 lb tackle boxes. Here in the south where bass fishing is king, the boat thing is the funniest to me. If you dont have a 200 horse power motor and a boat that wont top out at something over 70mph, you probably wont catch anything. On the other hand, if you could get your bass boat up to 100 mph I think you would be catching ten pounders two or three a day. These boats cost upwards of 25 grand too. Add on about two thousand dollars worth of electronic fish warfare technology. Of course when you get one of these metal flake drag boats, you cant be pulling it to the tournament with dads old hay hauling truck, heck no! You need a diesel dual wheel monster truck, something in the 40 thousand buck range. Then you cant be out there fishing with a zebco, you need loomis or all star rods and at least a half dozen Daiwa millionaire reels. Last but not least, a white long sleeve shirt with some pawn shop adds sewn on and a hat to match. Then you can kill bass like Clint Eastwood guns down greasy outlaws. This stuff is better than the comedy channel! I have laughed at myself several times when I' m standing in Walmart holding some hideously ugly lunker lure that costs six bucks.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:39 PM

I think that anyone that gets on a fishing or hunting page is addicted, and I include myself in that. I don' t care. I would spend my money on something, or someone. This way I can at least enjoy it, and it doesn' t complain. Oh well.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

when I first started fishing I could fit everything in a flim can, then a 1 tray box then 2 tray, then 3 so on and so on, now I got so much stuff and only 10% has ever been in the water, learn to use what you got,
Old 06-30-2003, 02:03 PM

Amen Wannabe! I' ve got more stuff than I need and then some......
Old 06-30-2003, 02:56 PM

now you boys got it all wrong,

its not more than you need, its just more than you are using right now. ha ha
Old 07-01-2003, 08:56 AM

i like buying lures, the shiny ones with holgraphic images really catch my eye, i own a bunch of them (i like the ones with the shiny eyes with all the colors of the rainbow surrounding the pupil). I also like lures with spinners on them such as heddon' s wounded spook and tiny torpedo. Those buzzbaits are nice too when you blow on them they spin like a pinwheel , anyhow i have a few of each of the above and they don really work. This is what works anwhere,
1) cotton cordell big-o (green and orange firebelly)
2) original rapala (3" ) in silver
3) kalins 2" tripple threat grubs in blue and silver
4) the discontinued jointed jitterbug in green, with a dark back and orange firebelly.
All my other lures are to impress my friends who don' t fish, (they think im a really serious fisherman when i have lots of shiny lures in my tackle box
Old 07-01-2003, 10:00 AM

I spend too much on hunting so I cant afford to buy much for fishing.[:' (]
I did manage to sneak,,,,um , i mean buy two new fishing poles a few small crappie jigs, and three crab traps in the last couple of months.
Oh yea,,, im addicted. Not so bad since I discovered the hunting net. I spend less time surfing bass pro catalogs now.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, lets see. I stopped drinking, stopped smoking. I' m now single. What else am I going to spend my money on?.....food, bills...Yeah, right...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.