Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

where you guys at?

Old 05-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default where you guys at?

you guys all fishing or what?? this forum is about dead....lets talk fishing!! id venture to say more than half of the people on this huge forum of over 1000 members fishes...and theres like 3 post a month!! ask you questions....tell your stories...show off and brag.....come on snap out of it!! winters over!!! well in most places lol.....lets talk some fishing!!! anyone even out there to read this!?
Old 05-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: where you guys at?

Hey, mauser! I' m getting up early tomorrow morning and going salmon/steelhead fishing on the Santiam! Then I' m headin' up into the mountains for the rest of the weekend! There' s a secluded little lake up there that has some pretty decent trout. If I catch anything, I' ll let ya know when I get back!
Old 05-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been doing a little trout fishing nothing to serious. Took the daughter and nephew to a little lake and limited out on browns in about a hour and a half. They must have just stocked it with these fish cause there was a lot of action and nobody there [:-]. We were just throwing roostertails, and panther martins and hauling them in. These weren' t your little 6inch stocks these were 14 to 16 inches and in the pound to pound and a half range. It was a lot of fun, especialy for my 13 yr old nephew. He had never caught a fish before and here he was hooking this size of fish. You couldn' t grind that smile off with a belt sander .
Old 05-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Matriarch Doe!

If I catch anything, I' ll let ya know when I get back!
Well, I got skunked. The river was cold and high due to the snow melt-off and I didn' t even get a bite. So I drove up the mountain and found out there' s still way too much snow to get to the lake, so no trout. But, I stayed a couple days and saw lots of deer, elk, and a cougar, so it was still cool!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

hntngirl sounds like a very nice trip of RR .
Old 05-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes i agree...even though you didnt catch any fish still sounds like a very nice trip.....man id love to see an elk and a cougar!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

I agree mauser. I' m from WI . Fishin whenever I can and doing well with smallmouth and largemouth. Going this weekend and pre-fish for a bass tourney scheduled for next weekend.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:13 AM

Its too nice out now to be inside jawing about fishing. [8D] Havent been doing much fishing this spring but I have been catching alot of blue crab. Planning on going to Lake Talquin on Sunday for some cat fish.
Good luck Yall
Old 05-29-2003, 11:36 AM
jf5

Hi,

I am from MA and fish Massachustts and Vermont throughout the seasons. I fish practically every weekend excpet during deer hunting' s gun season, and pre-season scouting.

Lately,I have been out fishing mostly Wachusett reservoir in Central MA, and the Connecticut river in Southern Vermont.

At Wachusett, shore fishing only is allowed. We have been catching smallmouths up to 4.5lbs, and lake trout up to 6.5lbs from shore!! Only have caught small landlocked salmon!!

At the CT rive rin Vernon, VT, I have been catching smallmouth' s and walleye mostly. Lost as small jack-pike too last week, as well as a lrge brown trout.

Late spring through to the fall, I' ll fish river trout mostly. Usually fishing for wild fish as opposed to stocked trout if I can help it!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:53 AM

Hi Mauser06;
I' m from Michigan, about a mile from Lake St.Clare. Went out fishing wenesday evening. Had a great time, Partner and myself caught 12 walleye (Limit), Sm Bass,
lgm bass, and 2 musky. All fish released except the walleye. Those are dinner! Walleye are really on the bite right now. Have a great weekend!

Coyote Caller

Quick Reply: where you guys at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.