Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
How I spend my hunting offseason (Must see pic) >

How I spend my hunting offseason (Must see pic)

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How I spend my hunting offseason (Must see pic)

Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default How I spend my hunting offseason (Must see pic)

I joined the site for hunting reasons, but thought I would share a pic of how I spend my hunting offseason. This particular one weighed in at 81lbs. I also have lots of pics of several between 50 and 90 lbs if anyone is interested.
Enjoy
PS that is my brother in the pic

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...tfish81lbs.jpg
Old 09-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice one. its hard to find em that big on my part of the river anymore. congrats.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great fish. I hear we have some decent catfish around here, but I don't know if I have the time or money to find another hobby!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice cat, our personal best is 72 lbs over here, but I have seen some over 80. Id imagine there is a 95+ lb cat looming round somewhere, but I havent found it yet. Heck Id just like to find one like that, real nice cat congrats.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have some good Flats and Blues that come up the river that runs through my town. Always have a ball that time of year taking a newbie fishing for the "Giant Catfish".They get a 50 or 60 pounder on the string ,It's like Christmas for a 5 year old.Shucks it's still like that for me...............LOL

BTW If anybody lives fairly close to Danville Va. I still have an open invitation for you to come fishing with me for the stripers when they run up the river.Just before the stripers run it is the white perch,and White Bass,After comes the Gar ,Flats ,and Blues .I have everything we need ,But bring whatever tackle you want.If you really want an adventure we can go to Roanke Rapids N.C. and net some Gizzard Shad for Striper bait.One of the wildest experiences you will ever have .