Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

No fish Bite lately

Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No fish Bite lately

I went out last night again and got NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!

I used the Horny toad, had a good bite, and lost him near the boat from a week hookset. Spent an hour with the Horny Toad to no avail. Hooked up the Strike King Pro 4S in Sexy Shad and went with it for 30 minutes with no luck. Tried out a 3/8 Crigger Craw KaRu jig with a Berkley Crazy Legs Chigger Craw as a trailer and still had no luck.

Normaly, the fish are breaking the water like crazy in the evening but I only heard one or two breaks the entire evening. It was just really quiet and slow.

We have had a week of rain, including this morning, and this was the first evening that the sun actually showed its face, so maybe that had something to do with it, I dunno.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

I have no fish either.
Oh well they will bite sooner or later.
I would like it to be sooner, but later is O.K. too.
Just so they bite.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Aaron,
For Florida this is one of our primetimes...Our slowest bass times are Nov. and Dec.

This is the time I would be using a Rooster Tail or small spinnerbait..IMHO bumping a rubber worm is always the best bait..it just can't cover as much water as a spinnerbait can..I 'd probably try a jig as well. 95% of the time I use small baits..rubber worms about 7 inches..I've found a pinched round BB shot weight works much better when Texas rigging a worm..I've got lots of painted light bullet sinkers but have found them to hang up in the hydrilla..A BB shot falls much slower so I'm forced to fish it much slower..It rarely ever hangs up..I usually paint my BB split shots as well..either black or red..

and in heavy weedy flats..I'd always cast a Horny Toad..
Old 09-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna have to try out some worms now. Its the one thing I havent tried on this pond yet.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been tearing some up. tried out a new spinner bait i got and caught 10 in 2 hours. nothing huge biggest was barely over 2 lbs but it was still a blast.