Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Catfish bait

Old 04-22-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Catfish bait

What is the best bait for CATFISHING
Old 04-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Catfish bait

Your gonna need to be more specific.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:16 PM

I have always had the best luck with CHICKEN LIVER.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve used chicken liver, set it out in the sun, and let it start to rot, and then out in on your hook
Old 04-23-2003, 06:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robb ever try settin them on a peice of paper and covering them with garlic salt while sittin in the sun all day? to answer the question there is absolutly no ' ' BEST' ' catfishing bait. One day the cats may be hitting everything u throw at them, the next worms, the next liver, the next cut perch, etc. Try difrent bait when u go out, rig one pole with worms another with liver and so on.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:30 PM

You better hold on to your hat your not going to beleive this one. I read in an article that Preperation H was the best catfish bait from a study some guys made. I geuss the preperation H has shark oil in it and that is what draws the catfish into a frenzie. It was so unbeleivable that I had to give it a try.I used budding beef slices (two peices of meat) and ran a bead of preperation H on the meat then rolled it up and put it on a treble hook. I caught 20 cats that first night I used it, I also had a few break my line too. It worked so good me and my buddy started makeing frequent trips to the grocery store to get our budding and preperation H needless to say one of the casheers asked us what we were useing all the preperation H for so we clued her in. Im telling you to give it a try you will not be sorry. This is true swear to god! this stuff works. The other bait I use is hamburger bait. recipe is cat tails you have to crumble them up only use the heads some parmigon cheese, aunt gemima syrup ,chicken liver and blood. you have to put the chicken liver in a blender to process it so it mixes throughout the hamburge bait. then mix it all together let it sit in the sun for a while the other thing I add to this is some preperation H these are the two best baits I have found to work for all catfish I have even caught bass on them at night reeling my line in give it a try you will not be sorry. Let me know how you do. Good luck. PS if you try the hamburger bait before you go fishing youl need to refrigerate the bait it helps it hold together better. I had buddys of mine trying to pay me to make some bait . I never told them what I putin it so they kept paying me for the bait.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Matriarch Doe!

I' ve used ripe chicken liver, hot dogs, cheese, etc. But what I usually use is, don' t laugh, night crawlers injected with WD-40. I keep it a film container, draw some up in syringe, and shoot them up with it. Sounds odd, but it really does work!
Old 05-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

I was told a long time ago that if you open it up and it dont curl your toes it isnt good catfish bait. Also if you want to catch BIG cats you need BIG hooks and BIG bait. This has generaly held true for about 30 years.
Rick
Old 05-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

all depends what kinda cats your fishing for.....channels flats blues or what?? channels i catch most on worms or chicken liver...but thats all i mainly fish with...flats like live bait...a nice bluegill..a perch...a creek chub....a giant shiner..ive even heard of baby carp being used..and blues like cut bait i think..i duno i never fished for them....also channels hit cut bait pretty good i believe...i love catfishing....nothing like a wamr summer night with my lantern on the river bank wating to hear my pole start flying into the water......then the fun begins.....o man do them things fight....good luck...the more specific you can be the better we can help you....

Quick Reply: Catfish bait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.