Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing Trips 2009

Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fishing Trips 2009

Anyone have any special fishing trips planned for 2009?

I am not talking about trips to the back pond or down the road. Let's hear the area your going, the target species, time frame, and your outlook on the trip.

As for me, I am heading up to Northern Lower Peninsula of Michigan for a week targeting spawning Small Mouth Bass. Many very cold lakes, as well as the Straits near Bois Blanc and Mackinac Islands provide some great action. I am looking to hit the prime spawn around the first week of June. Putting a down payment on a cottage on one of the lakes for a 7 days trip. Looks like I can rent it for a week for around 650 dollars. Sleeps 8 people and I have already contacted all of them making it about $80/person to rent the cottage. My hope is to catch atleast one Small Mouth that is 22" +. We will be targeting Smallies but the area also offers good Northern Pike and Walleye action. I'm thinking some Eyes will have to be caught for the eating purpose!

Let's hear 'em guys!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fishing Trips 2009

well i used to go to Manitoulin Island Canada for a week with my family to fish on a little lake whish is full of small mouth and perchbut i dont think it will happen this year
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Northwestern Ontario fly-in for Northern and Walleye in June. It will be my 6th year. Might be a couple young kids on the trip this year which would make things interesting.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 PM

anyone ever fish the western basin islands of lake erie ? most say its the holy grail of smallys !
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM

western basin islands of lake erie ! all summer long , its the best small mouth fishin on earth !

oops - double post ! sorry
Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

no need to..I live in the BASS capital of the world..
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

no need to..I live in the BASS capital of the world..
Your a lucky man C7, some of us aren't so fotunate.

I'm not talking only bass though, I'd rather fish for a wide variety of species.

I'm also planning a Spring Break trip to hit some good Steelhead tributaries of the Great Lakes. I'm hoping to get some buddies together and head up there with some food, some sleeping bags, a tent, waders, and some fishing poles to find some beautiful Steel in some gorgeous country.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

To be honest with ya,
There are so many people out of work I get very convicted with excessive spending..I bought another 300.00 climber last year and felt kind of bad knowing that I knew people that could have used that money for food and bills..

I was going to buy a ST.Croix rod and changed my mind..The Word says "Contentment with godliness is great gain." I'm honestly very content with my fishing and hunting circumstances,,

My hunting is ok BUT my fishing is outstanding and all my favorite spots are less than 7 miles away..

Good luck on the lakes partner,
C7
Old 02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

To be honest with ya,
There are so many people out of work I get very convicted with excessive spending..I bought another 300.00 climber last year and felt kind of bad knowing that I knew people that could have used that money for food and bills..

I was going to buy a ST.Croix rod and changed my mind..The Word says "Contentment with godliness is great gain." I'm honestly very content with my fishing and hunting circumstances,,

My hunting is ok BUT my fishing is outstanding and all my favorite spots are less than 7 miles away..

Good luck on the lakes partner,
C7
You have that right Chuck. I believe Florida is bad, and Michigan is just down right awful. Worst economy in the 50 states of America. I am so fortunate to be in college and have a steady job. I know upteens number of people that are just on the outs, people with 20-25 years of experience in the Auto Industry, left with nothing. Things are hard, I sure haven't spent much money on anything, that's why I am really hoping these trips are rewarding and relaxing!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Amen brother,
I wasn't trying to put a guilt trip on ya..but it's the truth..I feel very bad for the folks who have lost work..I honestly think it's eventually heading toward the mark of the beast..
Face it..if a mark is given real Christians won't take it..and the world can have thier jobs..Rev. 13 says "The saints shall be overcome by the beast."Rev.13 Our money will mean nothing "If a man has not the mark he can not buy or sell."
Knocking off the Christians would be an answer for all the worlds problems..and the world will be happy for a short time afterwards..Then we come back..with our Lord...on stallions."We'll be back."
Rev.19:14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
God bless,
Chuck7

Quick Reply: Fishing Trips 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.