Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What Rods do you like? >

What Rods do you like?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What Rods do you like?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Rods do you like?

Just wondering which rods you favor.Personally I like the Berkleys.Like the Berkley Bionix.The "Lightning Rods" are O.K. but not my favorites.Got one little 4' Berkley ultra lite I wouldn't take anything for.Bestfeeling action on a small rod I ever felt Paid $60.00 bucks for it about 8 years ago.Thought that was a little pricey but what the hey.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What Rods do you like?

Lightning Rods
or
Team Diawa
Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightning rods for walleye
Ugly stick for catfish
Old 01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

i love the berkley bionix though i did retire mine and replaced with a quantum tourny series which i like a lot
Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shimano and St. Croix.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

St.Croix Rods, and Shimano reels
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

G-Loomis i have never used one but every time i am in cabelas and i pick one up i know i would. i could not justify spending 200-300 dollars on a fishing pole. currently i have a shimano spinning rod and a bass pro crakin stick for a trolling rod.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Berkely lightning rods are great for the $45 tag.

but for a littlemore money $90
fenwick "HMX".... and Shimano "Compre" get the nod....no one needs a $250 Gloomis(unless you just have to have it),thats a waste if you ask me.

Shimano Compre has alifetime warranty...the place i go to gives you a new rod over the counter noquestions asked if you break one...just like walmart did with Lightning ROds15 years ago.

siriously the Shimano Compre (10 fuji hardalloy guides nicely wrapped ... and a 9inch cork grip).......is the best sub $100 rod...this year i think the price went up 10$ to $99. and honestly i cant tell much difference between it and a $200 plus rod..
Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I got a like new Fenwich 7 foot worm rod from a garage sale for 7.00

I love it..real nice tip for flipping..not as stiff as my 7 foot lightning rod.The cork was a little to thick for my hands so i sanded it down to fit..

My son also picked me up a nice Finwich spinning rod..they are decent as well..I handled the St.Croix in a near by tackle shop but was not impressed with those giant eyes on the spinning rods..I still may end up getting one..They go for about 125.00 down here in Florida..
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

G-Loomis i have never used one but every time i am in cabelas and i pick one up i know i would. i could not justify spending 200-300 dollars on a fishing pole. currently i have a shimano spinning rod and a bass pro crakin stick for a trolling rod.
I have a custom made G-Loomis from Sanibel Island Fl. It was given to me by my son who was living there at the time. He's now fly fishing in Breckenridge, CO.
It is by far the best rod I have ever used. My son caught a 120 lb tarpon using it as well as many redfish and snook.Same size rod I use for trout in NH. I use it exclusively fishing the Gulf of Mexico when my wife and I visit Sanibel (we have a condo there) and I absolutely love it.

Quick Reply: What Rods do you like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.