Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Need new fishing poles >

Need new fishing poles

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Need new fishing poles

Old 03-23-2003, 10:06 AM

Default Need new fishing poles

I am looking to upgrade my current fishing rigs. I want to get both a baitcast for bass fishing and a couple spinning reels for panfish. What are some of the top reels for the money on the market right now.

Thank you
Old 03-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need new fishing poles

I don' t remember how much it cost, but I' ve been fishin off the same Shakespear reel since I was about 8 years old and I' m 18 now. I had to replace the rod though. Not ' cause it was trashy, but because I broke the tip off in a porta-john door. So I got a fish stix rod for it and have been using it ever since. Both were bought at a Meijers and they have served me well. It may not be top of the line, but I like it. Shimano is another one I' ve heard great stuff about and shouldn' t cost too much.

Brandan
Old 03-23-2003, 01:41 PM

Default RE: Need new fishing poles

Pflueger has some great baitcasting reels like their Trion LP for 50 dollars or so. Also Quantum is probably my favorite manufacturer right now. They give you a lot of reel for the money, and on their spinning reels you get an extra spool which is great. If you want to keep it at 50 bucks or so I would get a Quantum baitcast combo at Walmart for $49.99, I saw one today. It has, I believe, 4 ball bearings and continuas anti-reverse. You can also get some nice spinning combos for 30 to 50 dollars. I buy the majority of my stuff at Walmart, or Dicks sporting goods, but you can' t beat Walmart for the price. Hope that helps