Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Any Fly fisherman here? >

Any Fly fisherman here?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Any Fly fisherman here?

Old 11-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Fly fisherman here?

get out there and send me one of those Sage rods!!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:25 AM

Hi guys, good to see some fly fishermen out there, just mooved to south africa to run a hunting and fishing business, and had the most amazing week fly fishing in the mountains for trout and bass, with a sage Xp7 weight 9ft, some of the most amazing fishing i have ever done. Anyone who want pics let me know. Or if you fancy some fishing out here let me know also as it is my business now...
Old 12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have to buy a new fly rod, because i got lazy and didnt put it in its case, and it got mashed up by a big heavy box in my truck bed( had to avoid being t-boned by a speeder on a blind corner ).
Old 12-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

i fly fish not very i just started
Old 12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's how we all learned how to fly fish by just picking up a rod and trying it. Do not be discourage as it can prove difficult at times. I practiced mine on a few chubs before I got the hang of it on trout. Then i had this one trout i could depend on biting almost at least once a day to practice with. Shortly afterwards I becamed hooked to this way of fishing.. ThoughI still like to fish other ways as well.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

i love flyfishing, tying flies and building fly rods. i enjoy regular fishing also, and bowfishing.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:30 PM

I've really just started getting into it. My dad and I are tying our own bream killers, cap spiders, tussel bugs, wooly buggers, and clouser minnows. There are a few more, but those are the main ones. We're mostly fishing for bluegills, crappie, and bass. As soon as we get a chance we're planning on getting down to the coast to try to haul in some 30+ inch redfish.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been considering getting into it the past two years. Not sure I want to invest in the equipment just yet since I will have a fairly expensive summer already. My uncle is an avid fly fisherman, so I may be able to borrow one of his rods to try it a bit. We have a stocked trout pond at our cabin which is short drive, so it would be the perfect place to get some casting practice in. The problem lies in where I like to trout fish. Most of the streams I like to hit are smaller feeder streams. Some are barely a few feet across with lots of low hanging branches. This really prohibits flycasting[&:]
Old 01-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have fly fished before. i built my own fly rod a few years back. i have only went trout fishing with it a couple times i caught enough trout with it to last me a life time when i went. it is pretty fun but i will stick with my spinning rod for now.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Straight up Addicted

Quick Reply: Any Fly fisherman here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.