Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

you like ?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Banned

Default you like ?

1997 Charger Foxfire 395TF - 1997 200 HP Johnson Venom

I've never had a boat like this, recently I've been wanting a boat to take the wife and 2 kids out on (9 and 7 years old) and my 7 year old son is wanting to fish.

I had a couple of bass boats when I was younger, smaller 16'-17' Bass Cats and some of my most vivid and special memories are from fishing and playing on the lakes with my family and friends.

So even though the economy sucks, and my job unstable, and as much as it doesn't make sense to buy this boat, buy it I did as of last night assuming everything works out well in the deal and the boat runs well when I pick it up Saturday.

My uncle fishes Charger boats, loves 'em, this is a 19.5" boat, big, takes rough water easy - by far the nicest boat I've ever owned. I paid $7500 for it, this economy makes it a nice buyers market, the condition and all I thought that was a nice price.

Thought ? I'm tickled to death !

Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: you like ?

only been in one charger my whole life, seemed like a pretty well made rig, they seem to be most popular in the midwest, saw a bunch fishing around LOZ, pomme de tarre, and truman, i think they were built in Missouri.. anyway they seem like a solid rig and should give you years of service

as far as the timing of the purchase, boat prices are down fuel prices probably being the biggest hit against boats, but we will put in at a ramp close to where we want to fish and i may burn 20-30 in the boat a trip, i always catch more with the big motor off...

as for the enjoyment versus expense factor, i see people buy boats, cars, scooters or whatever and hardly ever use them, in my book that makes them expensive you paid a bunch for something you rarely use$$$$$$$, take it out get some use out of it, i love my time on the water although lately it has been very limited due to other obligations that have to be met[:@], at least i can see a dim light in the end of the tunnel[&:]
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice ride Duane. That baby will blast across the water real nice. Great price for a full sized bass boat. Bring her up to Champlain for some brown bass fishing. Soon they will be bulking up for winter.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Banned

brown bass fishing
you mean smallmouth? we talking about those 6lb- 7lb beauties in the Great Lakes ?

DEAL !

This boat will handle the big water- its not designed for speed - maybe in the low 60's fast - but they're suppose to handle rough water great !

Charger Owners Invitational is on Lake of the Ozarks - my uncles home water, he has a house/dock there - Nov 1st and 2nd YEAH !
Old 08-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry but our smallies don't seem to get to be the 6 pounders like on the great lakes. I really don't know why because our lake is just loaded with 4 to 5 pounders. When the B.A.S.S. or FLW tour comes to Champlain they always catch a limit of nice fish. Many of the touring pros call Champlain their favorite place to fish.
Middle daughter with a nice but common 4 pounder caught in the spring about 100 feet in front of my dock.

Charger Owners Invitational is on Lake of the Ozarks - my uncles home water, he has a house/dock there - Nov 1st and 2nd YEAH !
Good luck with that one. November is hunting season for me and i'll probably be on the way back from Colorado about that time. the boat will be all put to bed for the year and the ice fishing gear will be ready for my opening (when there is ice) which is usually about Dec 10.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty schweeeet there big D.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice fish there too CI. I wish we could grow them like that regular around here. I catch maybe one or two like that the whole year.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

I actually had in mind the bigger waters I've fished when I looked for a boat. I've fished Superior, Lake of the Ozarks MO ..... Mille Lacs and a rough water 19 1/2 boat is MUCH preferred over an 18' or even the 17' boat that I tried to launch on Mille Lacs yeah that didn't work real well !

I should be able to fish anywhere with this boat - short of shallow water, log jammed small water [:-]
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice. One thing about it is if you don't fish good, you'll sure look good, and thats very important.

Bobby
Old 08-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I can see it all now. Blasting across the lake at warp speed in his shiney new ride with his golden locks waving to the admiring crowds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.