Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

PETA loses again

Old 02-28-2003, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default PETA loses again

PETA' s anti-fishing campaign

received a setback when a scientist concluded that the brains of fish are not sufficiently developed to allow them to sense pain. Yet, PETA denounced the study by University of Wyoming professor of zoology James D. Rose, who said awareness of pain depends on functions of specific regions of the cerebral cortex that fish do not possess.

A PETA release calls fishing barbaric and tries to attribute human qualities to fish while also taking a slap at our state as follows: " Imagine you' re a small child reaching for a shiny new toy. Suddenly, a big ol' hook digs in your tiny hand and snatches you out of the playground and into an environment where you can' t breathe -- like New Jersey, for instance
Old 02-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PETA loses again

If fish felt pain they wouldn' t fight against the hook would they? Then it wouldn' t be any fun, and no one would fish anyways. I' ve never seen a fish suffocate ' cause someone kept it out of water too long. I' ve seen ' em get tore up from swallowin the hook, but that' s another story. What' s with the " big ol' hook" and " tiny hand" deal? It' s the other way around, man. A small one inch hook, if that, against fish bigger than my shoes? The fish has the advantage, that' s why it' s so fun.

Brandan
Old 02-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

That' s about as low as even an organization like that can go. They make me sick. I would go on but I would get kicked off the board
Old 03-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep.. they do make me sick too. just like i heard them say that chickens have equal rights as humans do. what a bunch of bull.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

they need lives!! theres 3 things in this world nobody is taking from me....hunting fishing and my guns!! they only way is to kill me and take my guns from my dead hands!! 3 things that make me happy in this world arent leaving me until i die or an paralized head to toe...what a joke....their dreaming...why bother trying...the major majority of the world points and laughs at them..there will always be one hunter/fisher/gun owner in this world while im alive anyways...they will call me...outlaw mauser06! lol...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:53 PM

God, I hate to do this!!!

But I think the prof has it wrong. I used to keep an aquarium and once in a while, if I didn' t keep the water clean, the fish would rub themselves on the rocks. They did this to relieve themselves of the itchy parrasites on their scales. If they can feel itching it would follow that they can feel pain.

As for PETA...They lose every time they open their mouths. How anyone could give these idiots money is beyond me. If they had even a small clue as to what they were talking about they would be something worth worrying about. But they don' t and one day they' ll be just another group of people we' ll look back on and laugh about.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:01 AM

I say that there should be a spring PETA season.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Why just a spring season?

Brandan
Old 03-13-2003, 01:56 PM

Wouldchuck, I think you' re assuming they itch. Think about it. I think we need to rely on what the experts say. The real point is, it doesn' t matter. Fish are here for us to catch and that is how we catch them. I' m sure being scooped in a purse seine is no picnic either.

If we fall for the fish feel no pain so it' s o.k. to hook them, then maybe it' s not o.k. to shoot bambi because mamals do indeed feel pain.

Just like the libs, if you just sit back and watch, they' ll make complete idiots of themselves. Time and time again this is proven to be true. Hey maybe I can use that as my signature line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.