Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing line review...used for rubber worms.. >

Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Old 06-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

suffix is a pretty good line. here in north georgia its quite popular. i also use the 10 pound elite. its def strong. all i can say is DONT EVER BUY CAJUN RED LINE!!! not the greatest stuff. i am buying some power pro soon probably and i need to find some goo line for shore fishing in Florida in 2 weeks

After using 14 pound Suffix..I really don't think I'll go back to Power Pro..I do have a spool not opened but that will be my last I will buy..I'm really happy with Suffix...it's everythingI want in a line..There is a newer version of Power Pro our there..it you get that and get the smallest of backlashes you will be sorry..The line flattens out and looks like tar..and virtually impossilbe to undo..You will need a razor blade to cut the line off...It 's ok though in spinning reels where backlashes are not an issue. I'm very impressed with the strenghth of Suffix..I only use 14 because Matt had some left over ..I had previously bought a spool of 10 pound...However; I think I'll end up stocking up on 12 pound..14 is a little too thick fo rme..BUT I was getting lots of hits on it..
Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Has anyone tried the Stren Super Braid in 14lb.(lo-vis green)Picked some up tonight but before I try it out I figured I would ask first. Also I will be using this on one of my baitcaster reels. Thanks guy's

I've tried the Stren Super Braid 20..
Here is what I experienced..
Pros..very strong...small diameter...

Cons...lost a couple nice fish on it..turns white real fast...when flipping and pitching kept making little knots and hanging up around the eyelets..casting on the baitcaster was not all that great as well.

Summary..There are better lines out there..would not recomend.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

i bought my first bit of powerpro today to use when i go to florida at the end of the month. i am targeting every kind of shore or inland or marsh fish there. i can't wait. im going to St. Augustine. i used to go there a couple of times a year every year but stopped a couple years ago. i dont know too much about the fihsing though. i just know its good. lol i will be using lots of x-raps, live bait, tubes, some topwater, lots of swimbaits. i dont know how well i'll do. i want as much info as i can get.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 PM

So Chuck and childers do you think the suffix siege will be the best line for me to try out? I will ONLY be using this on my baitcasters and will be bass fishing mainly for smallies in the local river. I was using Stren Orig. It had good (no memory) but was impossible to take backlashed out of and did not cast very well. Thanks guys I will be returning the Stren Super Braid
Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir,
10 pound Suffix will be good for smallmouth,,
Old 06-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup its good line. try taking a medium heavy rod or medium rod to them with 8 pound test. that would be really fun.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...EC10LB100.html

99 cents for a spool of 100 yards. better hurry up and grab some
Old 06-07-2008, 09:49 PM

I use stren original on my baitcaster and my spinning and its great on the baitcaster so far, it casts great once i got the brakes figured out (im new to baitcasters) but on my spinning reel it was twisting and looping alot, on my extra spinning spool i have cabelas pro line clear and it has never twisted badly or looped at all.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:36 PM

Thanks Chuck and childers I already have one of my baitcaster spooled up with Suffix. I ended up going with the Suffix Elite because they do not carry the Seige but they did have the Pro which seemed to be too heavy of test for what I will be using it for. I ended up with the 10lb. Thanks again guys...
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also a bunch of my tounament friends say that the BassPro XPS Flourocarbon line is amazing

Quick Reply: Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.