Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Got my boat - How to rig it out >

Got my boat - How to rig it out

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Got my boat - How to rig it out

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Got my boat - How to rig it out

Hey everyone. Well I finally bought my first boat. It's an 1991 18ft Procraft Fish n ski model (had to convince the wife that its for all of us). I'll post some pictures it that I'll post later. 150 Mercury Mariner motor w/trolling motor. It has pretty much everything. I don't have a fish finder/gps unit yet though and was wondering what kind you all use and would recommend. Any other items that I need to help me out? thanks again.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my boat - How to rig it out

Depends of how often you fish, and water size, I have a Lowrance 520c GPS, I can tell you that it is super sensitive, my cheap Eagle shows a flat bottomwhile my 520 is showing rocks, stumps, etc. So I guess it comes down to how much money you want to spend, if all your wanting is water temp and depth, then a "cheapper" model will do just fine.

I assume you have the basics in life jackets for everyone, throw cushion, fire ext, tow rope, first aidkit, oar, (flare gun for BIG bodies of water) tools required to remove spark plugs is highly recommended, kill switch lanyard, extra set of cloths, rain gear, etc.