Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Lunker Bow River Rainbow >

Lunker Bow River Rainbow

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Lunker Bow River Rainbow

Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Lunker Bow River Rainbow

Me and riffer hit the bow today(while i was a lil hungover haha) really slow day, and by slow i mean one fish. But that one fish sure made up for the lack of fish. My new personal best rainbow. 24". Only pic i got cause just after that pic it flipped into the net, i grabbed it again flipped again back into the net, 3rd time was a charm and she got away so at least i got one pic. Got her on the SJW.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lunker Bow River Rainbow

Great fish, congrast on the new personal best!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice fish. Congrats.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice rainbow, Congrats!! Now if I can get a brookie that big..[&:]I will keep trying as my biggest to date is 19 1/2 inches.. But, I know where there is a few big ones lurking still..
Old 04-13-2008, 08:22 AM

Thanks guys i was pumped when i got her netted, gave an amazing fight, even better since it was on my fly rod, my 5 weight was a lil undergunned for her, couldnt move her at some points.

Phil thats still a nice big brookie, my biggest so far is 16", but im headin to a lake this year where its not uncommon to hook into 20+" so im pretty excited for that, but im gunna wait till spawn cause i honestly dont think there is a more beautiful trout then the brook in spawning colors.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should change your name to SJW. Btw, how many different colors of the ol sjw do you have? purple, red, and brown??

Nice hen...beautiful
Old 04-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats again man, now for the SJW fly, is that the San Juan Worm? You have a lot of luck with it it seems, and I would like to try it around here. Do you have an pictures of it?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Yep SJW is the San Juan Worm, always have at least one tied on my line.

My favorite colors are copper and red and sometimes orange, sometimes i will mix them so half is copper and other half is red. Other colors dont work NEARLY as good as those so i dont even have them in my fly box.

Here is a pic of the copper one(made out of copper wire you can pick up at any fishing store or anywhere that carrys wire really)

And here is a red one(i use liquid lace)

Here is a guy that gets me alot of fish(with the fly pattern of course) the stonefly

Old 04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

The stonefly gets alot of fish here as well, the hairsear works great here to. Catch a nice fat landlock on them is a blast but you need to be carefull with such a small hook.. Most of my trout I get from brooks and rivers and getting brookies early they still have a nice color to them. The biggest I had caught came from a good size stream all native. He had a white star on top of his back fin, a real nice brookie caught in early April. Right now though we have to much snow to even try and get into those places..[:@]Also in our fly fishing only places no wieght is allowed so I tie my nymphs without the eyes and all that... It is still alot of fun though..
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

TS... Congrats on a fine fish...Almost looks like you are holding the eggs in the old girl with your index finger while she's getting her picture took..

Good looking bugs there...Do you tie your own..??...

I'm gonna have to give the SJW a try on my local brown trout .....

Quick Reply: Lunker Bow River Rainbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.