Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Spawning is NOW for central Florida.. >

Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Here's what our newspaper reported this morning..

1 - Around Lakeland, a tournament out of Lake Parker on Sunday produced an eye-opening weight of more than 27 pounds for Jimmy Todd and Tom Saxon. Their top fish was 8 pounds. Brent Howlett at Stone's Outhouse said "hourglass'' and rock piles in Lake Crago yielding best fish on Parker with crankbaits and plastic worms. Bass to 24 inches at Tenoroc in lakes 3, 4 and 5 on shiners, reports Brian Fleming. Bass 3-4 pounds on medium shiners at Saddle Creek Park, reports Lee Phillips at Phillips Bait and Tackle. Limits of specks at Tenoroc in lakes 3, 5 and C on minnows. At Saddle Creek, specks to 1 1/2 pounds, with 10-15 per trip on minnows and Hal Flys (blue and yellow). Half-limits of specks at Parker and Gibson. Few sunshine bass off pier at power plant on Parker. Also, Teneroc is yielding bass up to 9 - 10 pound bass at Lakes 2 and 3.Jim Margist boated a 9 1/2 at Saddle Creek this past week before the front flipping watermelon seed Gambler worms.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Awesome report. Up here, people catch big fish and do not tell anyone. It is almost like sinning. You tell one person, the whole town knows, the your honey hole is everyones. We don't have the large lakes you guys do though.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

First..most folks don't fish.
Rich..play golf..or drink
Youth..do meth or steal
Middle class..sleeping in from working so hard.
Lower middle ..gone fishin

1 - Around Lakeland, a tournament out of Lake Parker on Sunday produced an eye-opening weight of more than 27 pounds for Jimmy Todd and Tom Saxon. Their top fish was 8 pounds.Big open lake very windy..shallow weedy lake..big lakeBrent Howlett at Stone's Outhouse said "hourglass'' Hourglass is a deep pit connected to Parker on the end,,used to be HOT!!and rock piles in Lake Crago Crago is a Lake hooked unto Parker..Exteremely deep..has a rock bar in the south end..yielding best fish on Parker with crankbaits and plastic worms. Bass to 24 inches at Tenoroc in lakes 3, 4 and 5 on shiners, I was at 5 last week fishing for crappie..reports Brian Fleming. Bass 3-4 pounds on medium shiners at Saddle Creek Park,.good news for me..I have the east side to myself NO boat ramp..dried up..reports Lee Phillips at Phillips Bait and Tackle Limits of specks at Tenoroc in lakes 3, 5 and C on minnows. At Saddle Creek, specks to 1 1/2 pounds, with 10-15 per trip on minnows and Hal Flys (blue and yellow). Half-limits of specks at Parker and Gibson. Few sunshine bass off pier at power plant on Parker. Also, Teneroc is yielding bass up to 9 - 10 pound bass at Lakes 2 and 3.Jim Margist boated a 9 1/2 at Saddle Creek!!!! this past week before the front flipping watermelon seed Gambler worms. That has got me pumped..Saddle Creek is usually very quiet..they must be spawning..Feb. 1st here I come..Gone crappie fishing one more time.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Chuck!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks man!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

it is still in the 17-46 degree range in georgia
Old 01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Chuck,
I know you wouldn't need alot of it though, as I have seen your fish up on the board...
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Phil,
Buffdmac is with me right now..I'm getting readyto lose in a game of chess.We are already checking days off, moon phases, lakes and shape of line..
Gettin pumped man..

i hope MT Hands joins us..
Old 01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Here is a picture of ALL my fishing holes

note..bottom right..Combee Settlement..this is where I teach.. 1/2 inch above the B in ComBee Settlement is where my classroom is..Note islands and water on bottom right.This is Saddle Creek Park..I'll be there 3/4 of the time..NOte the white line going through the center.of Saddle Creek..I have the entire right side..no boat ramp..canal dried up..

Note the large lake..this is where our power plant is .It's Lake Parker..follow the canal at the extreme north end of Parker...it turnsto the right ..That is Lake Crago..Note the top left...See my favorite HAWG lakes..one is shaped like a fish hook..and one like a set of legs..LOL they are management catch and release lakes..Lake Fish Hook and Leggs Lake THEY ARE HOT!! The extremecenter and right are the rest of Tenoroc Mine's lakes.Decent fishing..

Except for Parker...a jon boat is all ya need..
C7

PS ..You can't see it but my home is 2 miles south of Lake Parker.I'm 4 miles from my classroom.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey chuck, many moons ago i was at Lonnie Stanley's shop in Huntington TX. (Stanley jigs fame) and he told me and my team tournament fishing partner that as soon as the moon was full in Feb. head shallow, the fish will be trying to do their thing, i have caught more big fish in Jan/Feb. and his advice has always proven to be beneficial.

now go get'em we will be fishing the "HNI tournament" but with the kinda fish in your area, i know I'll be fishing for 2nd place...

BTW, me and the misses have been talking (alot) about a Mexico trip next year, if we do be forewarnedyou and josh both

Quick Reply: Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.